Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Littlemad

Second impression

I am kind not enjoying so much.

Voice over very good, writing as well, sound good, the map and the place where to fight I love the variety as well of monster.

It is maybe just me but the mechanic of this game feels too strange for me, as well with the weird UI of the game that it feel awkward to use and to understand. To many diagonal lines in the deisng instead of a standard more square grid.

In the gameplay years pass too quickly and I don't have time to enjoy the greatness of the actions of my heroes or bloodline.

I feel that time it is too fast, and it is just stressing me out, especially when heroes die at 60, it is like I have no time to take them out and put on the throne to have kids that they already die.

For the moment I feel that need a calibration, a bit more battles and a slower pace of time, maybe with more quest events (on which even if I didn't even be able to win one, I enjoyed).

I am very sorry to say but I am already bored to play it, and I reached only 40 years into the game. I don't feel motivated to handle all this lack of (human) resources management. While I was expecting a more tactical approach with some aging situation through the game. But now I feel that is more about aging that anything else.

i guess the best way to think about the game is that families are your characters, the individual heroes and just part of that family, not really your characters to level up and get attached to, you level up and get attached to families instead

Maybe I need that polish and balance of the game for enjoying it. I like the UI battles, it is just in between that kind of bores me (nothing happen for years) or stress me (all my Heroes are super old and they die).

I wish that I can control the aging somehow.

I'm not criticizing you, but it's interesting that I have the opposite feeling: I'm loving the strategy layer and bloodline management, but I get kind of bored with the tactical layer after a while (with all games, not just this). I agree with you that this game will be significantly improved with better UI, which is probably one of the major things that the beta will improve (figure out what information first time players are having a hard time with).

I agree that the diagonal lines take a bit of getting used to.

I find in hard to easily see how best to line up a shot for a caberjacks knockback, and I frequently accidentally place my units in a line to get hit by projectiles.

I just don't know if there's an easy solution to this :\

Acheron, ehehe don't worry, if the game doesn't suit me perfectly, I betted on a game and just didn't get out as I wished, is not a big deal. Simply I will play less than expected.

Or if you wish I can play for you the tactical side of it while you manage the management :D:P

Yes... Asirrelle... too many diagonals. It is an exaggeration in the ui, I would have preferred something a bit more "grid aligned" :)

Curse these artistic designers and their desires to make games less ui intensive! :P

If I can't see code like the Matrix I don't wanna know(!) :D

hey I am a graphic/web designer! How dare you curse me! :D:P

Hah! Sorry :P

It's ironic how most people want a button to add an overlay of grids and numbers onto something that people try so hard to balance between art and functionality. :)

There's definitely a balance, and I think there's just a feeling right now that it's slightly on the side of not-enough-information being conveyed.

Also after level 100 when your families are up steam it get a lot less about resources. Though it would be nice to have a better overview how you families are doing what relics is there in the family. It makes picking families for breeding a bit tough.

It'd nice if there was some sort of relic armory -- so you can see all the relics and bloodlines associated with them, and other relic related stat progress stuff. But I think this is probably pie in the sky.

Smiles

It'd nice if there was some sort of relic armory -- so you can see all the relics and bloodlines associated with them, and other relic related stat progress stuff. But I think this is probably pie in the sky.

Smiles

That'd be quite cool, like the memorial thing they had in xcom, but visually nicer :)

Just wondering, I haven't had any characters live past 68, Does anyone live past say 70? Has anyone had a character live beyond that age bracket? maybe something researchable that lets a Character live to 130 or something. that'd be kinda cool.

Just wondering, I haven't had any characters live past 68, Does anyone live past say 70? Has anyone had a character live beyond that age bracket? maybe something researchable that lets a Character live to 130 or something. that'd be kinda cool.

I wish that they would live at least to 80...

i had someone in battle at aged 70, but they got hit my a wrinkler once and died straight away

Sign in to follow this