Sign in to follow this  
Littlemad

Situation on Part 2

Sorry for the silly question, but at what stage is it? It passed quite a good amount of time and I was wondering what the hell happen to this project :) I feel a bit hanging...waiting and no updates.

Sorry for the silly question, but at what stage is it? It passed quite a good amount of time and I was wondering what the hell happen to this project :) I feel a bit hanging...waiting and no updates.

There was a new documentary episode and update last week. Catch up here: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/15092/ and here http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/15091/

They're aiming for December still, but it might slip a little. The last of the voice recordings happened about a couple of weeks ago I think

There was a new documentary episode and update last week. Catch up here: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/15092/ and here http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/15091/

They're aiming for December still, but it might slip a little. The last of the voice recordings happened about a couple of weeks ago I think

Wow! you are everywhere :D Thx for the quick reply!

Ugh. I know there's "backer's regret", but how about my "regret for not being a backer" and buying it at release?

So much I miss out on...the links don't work for me...

Ugh. I know there's "backer's regret", but how about my "regret for not being a backer" and buying it at release?

You can buy the documentary though, for $10 here: http://www.brokenagegame.com/buy/

You can buy the documentary though, for $10 here: http://www.brokenagegame.com/buy/

I actually purchased the full $34.99 package for the game/soundtrack/doc from that link. But that package (including doc) is fulfilled entirely through Humble, and not VHX.

VHX had Ep. 17 the day it was released for backers, but Humble still doesn't. I asked 2PP about it, and they said it takes a while for all the services to sync up. Episode 16 was the same way, it was weeks before it showed up for download via Humble, but was on VHX immediately.

I could re-purchase the doc through VHX for an extra $10, but it seems silly, since I paid more initially so I would get a bundle price for the whole kit. It would have been mitigated if those few of us that weren't backers, but wanted the deluxe edition, were given VHX codes rather than download the doc through Humble.

Shouldn't nonbackers get at least some progress updates? I'm not asking for everything that backers get, but at least some short updates to let us know that something's happening. Or are we in the dark until the day that the game is released?

If I could I'd become a backer now, but I can't. However, as I have already paid for the game, I have a vested interest in its completion. It would be nice to get an occasional "Hey, we made alot of progress this month. We're still shooting for December!"

I have alot of respect for the games that Double Fine has made thus far (Psychonauts is one of my favorite games ever), and it's sad, but understandable what happened to Spacebase. However, unless something changes, I will be nervous to buy another game from Double Fine before it is 100% complete.

Shouldn't nonbackers get at least some progress updates? I'm not asking for everything that backers get, but at least some short updates to let us know that something's happening. Or are we in the dark until the day that the game is released?

If I could I'd become a backer now, but I can't. However, as I have already paid for the game, I have a vested interest in its completion. It would be nice to get an occasional "Hey, we made alot of progress this month. We're still shooting for December!"

I have alot of respect for the games that Double Fine has made thus far (Psychonauts is one of my favorite games ever), and it's sad, but understandable what happened to Spacebase. However, unless something changes, I will be nervous to buy another game from Double Fine before it is 100% complete.

To be fair, there's nothing really to announce at the moment. The game is still happening, we know it'll be either the end of this year or beginning of next year (if I had to guess, more likely beginning of next year, but not sure). Once they have a firm release date I'm sure they'll publically announce it.

Last "official" word, I believe, was Tim mentioning they were finishing up VO recording for part 2 November 6th:

@TimOfLegend

Another awesome day in the studio with @wilw, finishing up the VO for Broken Age Act 2. He sure can bust out a solid stool. @kbavoice

I think the problem is they started with a backers-only approach and quickly found out that that was inadequate. Unfortunately, by that time they had already closed off basically all the communication channels. If DoubleFine had to do it over again, I think the Kickstarter updates and forum would be open access and at least some of the documentary stuff would be too.

You're also seeing the lack of a dedicated community manager. As far as I know, there has been no official replacement for Chris Remo. Greg and Vic and some of the other producers and such try and post every once and a while, but its not their primary responsibility and they're busy with other projects and such.

I agree that someone must take over Chris Remo's role. I think he has done quite well during his time.

Yes, we're still looking for a community intern.

http://www.doublefine.com/jobs

There's not much else I can type except yes, we're still working on Act 2, we hope to get it out as soon as we can, and Greg should have an update for backers soon.

If it gets pushed to 2015, just say it already.

Official word or no, you should expect it in Q1 2015. If it was coming out in the next five weeks (pretty much all that's left of 2014), don't you think we would have heard about the beta and/or backer pre-release by now?

If it gets pushed to 2015, just say it already.

Official word or no, you should expect it in Q1 2015. If it was coming out in the next five weeks (pretty much all that's left of 2014), don't you think we would have heard about the beta and/or backer pre-release by now?

I think that's probably accurate, unless there's an announcement happening right around the corner. And I just don't see it happening quite that quick.

It'll give the internet grumpymen another excuse to moan, of course. I think they should announce a release date this year, and it should be early next year.

I hope I won't come across as nagging, but do we have any new ETA's on the release of part 2?

I hope I won't come across as nagging, but do we have any new ETA's on the release of part 2?

Soon™ :)

Yes! The latest news is Spring 2014. It's now coming to PS4 and Vita as well as all the original platforms it was announced for, so they're aiming for something like a simultaneous release on as many platforms as possible, so based on the latest documentary and forum chatter we think that's going to happen around April-time.

Yes! The latest news is Spring 2014. It's now coming to PS4 and Vita as well as all the original platforms it was announced for, so they're aiming for something like a simultaneous release on as many platforms as possible, so based on the latest documentary and forum chatter we think that's going to happen around April-time.

Apropos to that, Oliver found out when he'll be presenting at GDC on just this topic...

http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/mobile-devices-as-development-platform-in-broken-age

2014? Dang, that's real soon!

I'm thinking March. :D But no, nothing official.

They have to add on an extra few weeks so that it can be released to manufacturing for the boxed edition, so it may be early April. We'll see.

I wouldn't be at all surprised at April, I believe at some point when the PS releases were announced an April date was bandied about by someone (possibly by accident on Twitter) though damned if I can find it now. I'll have another look.