Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thestalkinghead

Hybrids, Are they in the beta?

question for the developers, are hybrids in the game?

if they are how do they work?

someone said they are in the beta and they change the skills that can be unlocked, i assumed they weren't in the game so i haven't been comparing skill trees so i can't tell if they are different

question for the developers, are hybrids in the game?

if they are how do they work?

someone said they are in the beta and they change the skills that can be unlocked, i assumed they weren't in the game so i haven't been comparing skill trees so i can't tell if they are different

either they are extremely well hiidden or i am blind. but for me (around year 270 by now) the skill trees never changed. so no the hybrids arent in yet.

(im always taking the same skillsets per class i would know if something changed there :P)

They're not in there!

We wanted to balance the 3 core classes first and make sure that their skill trees were solid before we moved onto the hybrids.

We'll be talking about this topic more as get deeper into the beta, but right now we're really focused on iterating and balancing the core of the game. Thanks! :D!

-Brad!

Thanks for the post, makes sense. I look forward to giving it a go with hybrids.

Smiles

They're not in there!

We wanted to balance the 3 core classes first and make sure that their skill trees were solid before we moved onto the hybrids.

We'll be talking about this topic more as get deeper into the beta, but right now we're really focused on iterating and balancing the core of the game. Thanks! :D!

-Brad!

ok cool, i didn't think so, maybe the guy that said the skills were different was either having a bug or mis remembering them

Yeah, as I said in that thread later on, after several people saying that they at the very late game had not noticed it, I checked a hunter-hunter and a hunter-caberjack skill tree and they seem to be the same. I don't know what caused me to think I had different skill trees. Maybe it was a recruited alchemist that I thought was a hunter that made me think that the skill trees were changing. (My alchemist bloodline died out very early in my first playthrough and I only had female caberjacks from my main bloodline to fill their place with, so if I later on recruited an alchemist and thought I had a hunter when it levelled up, that's about the only explanation I can give for that.)

They're not in there!

-Brad!

Oh man, i totally thought you guys had decided to leave this out of the final game! This'll be awesome! :D

Definitely, I think Hybrids will help make both the hero management strategic layer more interesting, as well as the deployment and tactical battle decisions too, since instead just fielding say 2 Hunters, 1 Caberjack, and 2 Alchemists, fielding a group like a Caber Alchemist, a Pure Hunter, a Hunter Caberjack, a Alchemist Caber and an Alchemist Hunter sounds a lot more interesting.

Smiles

Sign in to follow this