Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thordalis

No way to tell between active and passive skills

There is no way to tell when choosing a skill for the first time in the skills tree wether it is an active or a passive effect.

I particularly noticed this when levelling a lvl 8 Caberjack for the first time; hard to tell wether Stand Ground and Fortify will be active skills with a cooldown or passive skills.

Now that I made my choice, I know they are both passives, but a little note in the description would be welcome :)

I'm thinking a lot of this will be fleshed out for Final release. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a Tutorial Included, How deep, I'm not sure, but that will cover many aspects of the game for new players.

Of-cause, without the feedback you are giving, some things might slip through the designers cracks & be taken for granted. Here's to an amazing game when It's done though!

As for you Question, I'm about to jump into a new game, this is something I hadn't noticed myself but & intrigued to check out & see for myself.

yeah they need to add things like active/passive and cooldown ?? turns to the description because that could make the difference in choosing, plus add percentages or numbers when talking about increasing things like damage eg. fury

I still haven't got to play, but is the skill tree setup so that branches on the same level are both either active or passive? I thought I remembered seeing something like this in the teamstream. But I'm sure they'll add some elements to make things clearer.

Smiles

Yes, branches of the same depth are both active or both passive.

However I don't think it's the same for every class, for exemple I think Caberjack level 8 skills are both passive, while Alchemists level 8 skills are both active.

Sign in to follow this