Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Asirrelle

Hunters patch 0.82

I like the change with the second shot being weaker, but now that it's weaker I think it could benefit from having the second shot fire regardless to whether the first hits or not.

I believe that there's a similar ability in xcom where your heavy can fire twice, but on the second shot the chance to hit is lower. I'm saying keep the chance to hit the same, but have the second shot still do half damage as per the update. Thoughts?

I've always felt that "follow-up" should either be

A) two shots regardless of the first

B) if you miss the first shot, it doesn't "use" the skill

I think that A is a more interesting option and would keep the pace of the game up. The follow-up seems to just be awkward in how long it takes to resolve as it stands currently. Conceptually it just doesn't make sense to me how that would actually work on the battlefield, I guess?

True. I guess it's kinda hard to represent actions taking the same amount of time to perform.

What if instead of the two attacks the archer does something crazy like puts TWO arrows in his/her bow. This way you could have the damage of the attack be 1.5 its normal strength, have it as 1 action so it keeps with the pace of the game, AAAAnd because it's now one attack if it misses both attacks miss and personally i'd feel ok with that as it'd make more sense for not shooting a second shot. :D

Well definitely shoot a second shot regardless of if the first one hit it's target or not. But make it so the second shot can miss & that it does slightly less damage for sure. That's what I think anyway.

Sign in to follow this