Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tutankhgeek

Why doesn't Double Fine sell P-Nauts Merit Badges?

I mean sreiously! They'd sell a million sets! I was thinking of something along the line of iron-on patches.

Any thoughts? And would you want it to include Basic Braining, the Mental Magnet, and the Oarsmans badge?

Those would be totally awesome.

I'd want it to include Basic Braining and the Oarsman badge, but I could do without one for the Mental Magnet.

Iron-on would be cool, because then you could also embroider the edges.

Wouldn't it be cheating? Getting credit for something you didn't master yet? I mean, really, what would happen if one of the counselors finds out?

HOLY CRAP, YES!

THIS. THIS!! :o

erm... y'know... referring to the thread title. 'cause I couldn't actually quote it. *shrug*

also:

Psychonauts merit badges are earned, not given.

Yes, quite. Earned. Or bought. Y'know, whichever. ;)

I agree and throw my vote in for something about patches. Production cost would be really high and the amount of sales would be really low, but something minorly supported or perhaps given out at conventions or limited edition could be really nice.

Any thoughts?

Vinyl stickers would be less expensive to produce (I think), but they would lack a certain charm.

Another option could be a messenger bag/satchel with all the badges silk-screened on the flap.

Wouldn't it be cheating? Getting credit for something you didn't master yet? I mean, really, what would happen if one of the counselors finds out?

Not necessarily. Sheild, Clairevoyance and Confution are all given to you without any prior training. And the mental magnet is bought.

Haha It would be funny if there like "To buy a replica Psi Merit Badge from our online store you must send us replica 50 arrow heads"

"To buy and replica arrow head off our online store you must send us 5 dollars"

That would be pretty clever...WAIT A MINUTE. Two-hundred fifty American for a merit badge? It's a steal! They'd go broke! I think you need to rethink your business plan, dinnerordie17.

You show DF your worthiness by sending them *rubs fingertips together*

Indeed, those merit badges are quite fine. I'd honestly order them - and sew them on a backpack. With needle and thread!

Me! A man! This is how dedicated I am!

Again, beautiful badges.

I made a paper set of these... http://sandgoddess-naomi.deviantart.com/art/Paper-Psychic-merit-badges-38265566

I might actually make another one, since my paper collage skills have improved greatly since then.

But oh yeah, I would totaly buy a set of these!

I saw those, they were great! You should definitely make more, I'd love to see them now that you've improved.

Indeed, those merit badges are quite fine. I'd honestly order them - and sew them on a backpack. With needle and thread!

Me! A man! This is how dedicated I am!

Again, beautiful badges.

I admire dedication.

I would buy a set for sure if they ever came to be B)

Sign in to follow this