Sign in to follow this  
theubersmurf

Thank You for the free game!

So this is just a "Thank You" thread for those of us who got H&S for free after having bought Spacebase so long ago. Now you guys just have to finish Black Lake and I'll be in Hog Heaven.

conAir_wink.gif

Is there a way to put that behind a spoiler tag on this forum?

I hope you enjoy Hack 'n' Slash! It's one of DF's best in my opinion - award winning, now, too. And it seems like not that many people played it which is a GREAT shame.

Umm, I didn't get HnS for whatever reason. I had Spacebase a while ago. Isn't HnS just supposed to appear in my Steam Library? Or should I do something to get it?

Edit: Oh, it seems Steam takes its sweat time. No biggie. Thanks for the game anyway. :)

Umm, I didn't get HnS for whatever reason. I had Spacebase a while ago. Isn't HnS just supposed to appear in my Steam Library? Or should I do something to get it?

Edit: Oh, it seems Steam takes its sweat time. No biggie. Thanks for the game anyway. :)

Did you get Spacebase directly from Steam, or though Humble Bundle (be it a bundle, the store, or the widgets)?

Did you get Spacebase directly from Steam, or though Humble Bundle (be it a bundle, the store, or the widgets)?

I got it through Humble Bundle.

Apparently there's no way for Valve to distribute the gift to us as we didn't buy it through Steam. I emailed the DF support about it. Hopefully something can get worked out...

Apparently there's no way for Valve to distribute the gift to us as we didn't buy it through Steam. I emailed the DF support about it. Hopefully something can get worked out...

I hope they can figure it out. It is not fair if we are left out.

I hope they can figure it out. It is not fair if we are left out.

Update:

humble.PNG

Looks like they're figuring out a way.

Someone on the Steam forums said it showed up as a coupon. That may be a way they're getting around Steam's shortcomings.

Someone on the Steam forums said it showed up as a coupon. That may be a way they're getting around Steam's shortcomings.
I got mine as a notice in my little "inbox," the small envelope image at the top of the steam client. It appeared as an item in my inventory, as your friend said, as a coupon, offering me the opportunity to give it to a friend or open it for myself.

Kinda miffed that I never got my copy of Hack n Slash.

Sorry to hear that. Check the advice in this thread and if that doesn't work, let us forum members know more specifics about your situation or e-mail support@doublefine.com

Hope that helps!

Hack N Slash looks like it won a community steam vote to go on sale right about now...so if you don't have a free copy, and don't mind steam, it looks like a good time to pick it up for $8.

Smiles