Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pretz

Best console version?

I've been waiting for the console release of CQ2, and now that it's coming out I was wondering if the devs have a console platform they think gives the best experience. I have a PS3 and Wii U, and I know there's the exclusive Sackboy costume on PS3, are there any advantages to going with the Wii U version, or any of the other consoles?

Thanks!

I've been waiting for the console release of CQ2, and now that it's coming out I was wondering if the devs have a console platform they think gives the best experience. I have a PS3 and Wii U, and I know there's the exclusive Sackboy costume on PS3, are there any advantages to going with the Wii U version, or any of the other consoles?

Thanks!

So far the only exclusives mentioned for any consoles that I've seen is Sackboy.

I wonder if the WiiU tablet is put to use for the map and inventory selection. That could actually improve the experience...

Hello, I'm playing it on the Wii U and the frame rate is very, very low, so low in fact that the battle system stutters and you can't do the button timing correctly.

I hate to say this but it's ruining the game for me. Not just the battle system, but even wondering around the world has a very slow frame rate.

I only have a Wii U so I could only play it on that, but if I could, I would have got it on something else.

If you press the menu button (Y on Wii U) it takes about 5 seconds to boot up.

The second screen isn't really used, all that's there is a lovely picture. I would have preferred the "quests, costume designs, etc," to be there, but I have no idea if it worked in the playtesting.

Would it be possible for DF to patch the Wii U version to get the frame rate at a steady eddie? Because it is almost unplayable at this moment.

I am considering buying a second version on the Wii U. Using the gamepad screen for continual direct access to the journal seems like a no-brainer. Any DF people want to pipe in about unique features of the Wii U version now that it's been released?

Yeah, that would have been nice. Knytt Underground uses the gamepad for the map and inventory and that works extremely well. I'm considering buying the Wii U version in addition too to play with my son but I want to see how that version is received first.

Yeah, that would have been nice. Knytt Underground uses the gamepad for the map and inventory and that works extremely well. I'm considering buying the Wii U version in addition too to play with my son but I want to see how that version is received first.

I'm two hours in, and although I'm enjoying the game immensely, the frame rate issues on the Wii U are a problem, and I would recommend you get it for a different system. Unless DF patches it.

Does the journal show up on the gamepad (e.g. flip pages, pick cards, etc.) while the regular screen is on the TV?

No, unfortunately.

Pressing the button for the menu takes about 5 seconds, and then about 3 seconds to go between the options.

I found The Cave on Wii U to suffer greatly from frame rate issues. Is this the Wii U's fault or not enough money to give more time to the port?

I found The Cave on Wii U to suffer greatly from frame rate issues. Is this the Wii U's fault or not enough money to give more time to the port?

If The Cave also has issues on Wii U (I haven't noticed them on mine), it's probably that the Buddha engine isn't completely optimized for the Wii U's hardware.

well if you consider the sackboy costume a nice reward I'd say the PS3 one, if you don't care about it the 360 version so far hasn't given me any framerate drop

I saw a tweet from Ben Burbank stating that there will be a WiiU patch to support off-TV and to improve the audio and framerate.

Sign in to follow this