Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kristi

Progression Ending Bug!

'

Hey there Double Fine! First of all I want to say that I love your games. Recently while playing Costume Quest 2 for the first time as a little Halloween present to myself, I reached a game stopping bug for me, seemingly with no way to progress beyond this point! Where the bug occurred was in the science lab on the dental compound where you clear the room of two enemy groups before grabbing the hot dog costume in the stasis tank.

What I believe triggered the glitch was that I cleared the room of the two groups there and then left to go do some other things. So I left the building completely before even grabbing the hot dog costume, because I figured it might trigger a scene or a fight or something. But when I came back, I was unable to do anything at all to get that costume from it's tank. What I believe happened was that there was an oversight in the script where it only recognized that the room was clear of enemies after initially defeating them and leaving the building reset or shut down the script, while the two enemy groups were saved as gone so I have no way to re-trigger the event to get the costume I need to go get the clock and kick the dentist's butt!

I would love~ to be able to continue without having to do the whole game over again just to make the script trigger properly, so a look over and bug fix on that section of the game would be greatly appreciated! :)

You're close! The script didn't remember that you defeated the last crestwailer guard. I submitted the fix but I'm not sure when the Steam build can be updated (the one in charge of that is on vacation). If you wish, you can send the save to support@doublefine.com so the file can be directly fixed.

You're close! The script didn't remember that you defeated the last crestwailer guard. I submitted the fix but I'm not sure when the Steam build can be updated (the one in charge of that is on vacation). If you wish, you can send the save to support@doublefine.com so the file can be directly fixed.

Thanks for the response! I'm not in a huge enough rush to send any extra work over to you guys. Hopefully the steam patch that has the fix will repair the corrupted save, if not I'll be sure to send the file then!

I experienced the same bug on the PS3. I can't seem to finish the game now. :(

I'm surprised we're one of just a few that somehow wasn't tempted enough to immediately steal a scientifically assembled hot dog costume! I looked around online for any reports of this bug and the only one I found before posting here was one obscure one on the game's steam community page, which then later posted that they just gave up and started the whole game over!

I'm surprised we're one of just a few that somehow wasn't tempted enough to immediately steal a scientifically assembled hot dog costume! I looked around online for any reports of this bug and the only one I found before posting here was one obscure one on the game's steam community page, which then later posted that they just gave up and started the whole game over!

This is actually my second run through the game now...I was trying to pick up the rest of the PS3 trophies I missed the first time around. It's a shame it happened because it's basically right at the end! Ugh.

So I have this bug too for the PS3. For the record I did grab and don the hotdog costume immediately, but before I used it to get into the clock room I went outside specifically to see the "Save" icon appear and then I exited the game and continued the next day. But when I resumed the hotdog was no longer in my inventory it was back in the tube and there was (and still is) no way to get it.

I have played over 6 hours on the game and have done ALL of the optional objectives - I'm really not going to start again. I've been a huge fan of double fine since it started - I'm 46 so you can figure out how long I've been playing video games - but I'm very disappointed a patch for this has not appeared for the PS3 - especially since there seems to be a patch for steam.

Is there any word on the appearance of a PS3 patch yet?

It is unexpected that the hot dog costume would no longer be in your inventory after a save. But if the hot dog is back in the tube and can't be picked up then I'm afraid there isn't a way to recover from that state.

Unfortunately, we have less control over patches released on consoles. There are currently no plans for future console patches.

Sign in to follow this