Sign in to follow this  
Rottensilverfin

Difficulty, Relics, and Weapons

Hey guys, just three things for now.

HOLY **** IS THIS GAME HARD. I mean, it's easy going into it, as as the enemies get tougher, your heroes don't. I suggest fixing this, or just creating a difficulty tab altogether, where one can change the difficulty, or even certain aspects of the difficulty (ex. faster leveling, lower enemy count).

And about the relics, well, I'm not exactly sure how they work. Do they give my heroes new powers? Do they help them with the powers they already have? Where do they even come from? Who knows.

The weapons. Now, I see that we can upgrade certain weapons, but is this the full extent? I think finding weapons after a battle, or even just making them easier to get would be more beneficial to the player. Maybe even having different cabers for the caberjacks, or different ranged weapons for the hunters. Just make them more customizable in that sense.

Personally, I am more of a relaxed gamer. I like to enjoy the story behind my games, and I want to feel attached to my characters. In a way, with the House system, this game has done that. I'll even make up little stories in my head to go along with what the heroes are doing, the problems they're facing, etc. The problem here is that I lose them very easily, and then I lose that connection. I think this also goes along with the difficulty setting too. Just please take this into consideration and help me to not pull my hair out while trying to play this game.

Hey guys, just three things for now.

HOLY **** IS THIS GAME HARD. I mean, it's easy going into it, as as the enemies get tougher, your heroes don't. I suggest fixing this, or just creating a difficulty tab altogether, where one can change the difficulty, or even certain aspects of the difficulty (ex. faster leveling, lower enemy count).

And about the relics, well, I'm not exactly sure how they work. Do they give my heroes new powers? Do they help them with the powers they already have? Where do they even come from? Who knows.

The weapons. Now, I see that we can upgrade certain weapons, but is this the full extent? I think finding weapons after a battle, or even just making them easier to get would be more beneficial to the player. Maybe even having different cabers for the caberjacks, or different ranged weapons for the hunters. Just make them more customizable in that sense.

Personally, I am more of a relaxed gamer. I like to enjoy the story behind my games, and I want to feel attached to my characters. In a way, with the House system, this game has done that. I'll even make up little stories in my head to go along with what the heroes are doing, the problems they're facing, etc. The problem here is that I lose them very easily, and then I lose that connection. I think this also goes along with the difficulty setting too. Just please take this into consideration and help me to not pull my hair out while trying to play this game.

Difficulty levels are coming. Right now there is essentially one difficulty they are trying to balance first I believe, but the game will have others.

You can research new weapons for your heroes, both stronger standard weapons I believe in addition to cadence based weapons that have extra utility.

Smiles

Difficulty modes are definitely coming! We wanted to make sure that we had the balance in the ballpark first before we add them. I think that we're somewhere between "Normal+" and "Hard" right now. So we'll tone it down some for "Normal" and then some more for "Easy."

Relics are made when a hero passes away who has slain several Pawns throughout his or her life. It should kind of just happen naturally as you play!

Relics are an improved version of the base weapon that can also trigger critical hits for +50% damage. We're talking about making them cooler during Early Access! :D!

Awesome! I've always liked relics, but do think they can be improved.

Can you give us any hints about how they will get better? Perhaps passing down a positive trait?

I'd also love to see a Cadance relic, I know you guys talked about it during the earlier teamstreams.

About the heroes not geting tougher:

They do. You just have to research armor! I didn't realize how much armor helped in hero toughness but the difference is huge. A hunter with the first armor upgrade can seriously do some damage especially against bulwarks!

That said the difficulty does need more balancing. I went through the game just fine without too much difficulty until I hit bulwarks. Bulwarks just wiped parties if I didn't have enough hunters with follow through. After bulwarks those seed tossing creatures just wiped me out as well. I think I would have been fine I kept upgrading my armor. It's not so much the kind of enemies I face, but the amount of them.

The first time I fought Bulwarks there were at least six, plus a few seeds and lapses. I had to retry that fight three times to see I could beat it. (My party was two alchemists with base armor, one caberjack with base armor, and two hunters upgraded. The two hunters were the only ones to survive using stealth, follow through, and potions.)

Relics:

That is good news on relics Brad! But I have to know, will weapons be the only kinds of relics? Will there not be armor, or unique items or anything? Weapons are cool but it seems a bit limted. However I have only played two games and have not played with relics much.

Relics:

That is good news on relics Brad! But I have to know, will weapons be the only kinds of relics? Will there not be armor, or unique items or anything? Weapons are cool but it seems a bit limted. However I have only played two games and have not played with relics much.

I think for the game's current scope, only weapons will be relics. They early on looked at other possibilities, but due to budget and time they focused on weapons. But I'll still hold out hope that MC does well enough to get some sort of DLC.

Smiles

One bit that I had to explain in the last twitch chat:

Weapons you unlock through research CANNOT become relics! Only the humble un-demon-enhanced weapons contain the potential to become family heirlooms! You can choose between those 2 paths but can't have your cake and eat it too!

Was that the appropriate metaphor to use there?

Dan