Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zacqary Adam Green

Anyone else having low framerate on Mac?

I'm loving the game, but the framerate is awfully low, even though my computer exceeds the recommended system requirements. I've got an iMac with:

- OS X 10.9.5

- Core i5 2.8 GHz

- 12GB RAM

- Radeon 5750 1GB RAM

And yet the game chugs. I had to disable all graphical effects except for Shadows and lower the resolution to 1280x720 to get anywhere near a comfortable framerate, and it's still pretty choppy. Is anyone else getting this?

If there aren't any more performance optimizations planned for OS X, then I feel like the recommended requirements are a little bit lowballed.

I'm having a similar issue. I have a brand new MacBook Pro with a quad-core i7. There should be no reason for slow down, but I still get a chunky framerate during the game. It isn't exclusive to battles, either. It can happen when appointing a new regent, or when selecting heroes for a mission.

Shadows should be among the first thing you disable or turn down when experiencing bad FPS (other than screen res), as they are some of the more expensive graphical effects to render.

I play on an early 2011 mbp. Actually, I have recently modified it with an SSD and 16go of ram in order to continue to use it as a dev machine, so it is a bit better.

The game runs okay during battle, but I have encountered very aggressive lag on the global map and its menus, which is a bit ridiculous..

Sign in to follow this