Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theBobcatte

Receiving game key without Humble Bundle

I am having a nightmare dealing with Humble Bundle, I was wondering if there was another way to get my code without having to go through them. My account was linked to an email that I no longer have and they can't confirm my account without that email verification so now I can't retrieve my steam key which makes me sad. Have there been any other methods of getting a download code for kickstarter backers? Thanks!

I am having a nightmare dealing with Humble Bundle, I was wondering if there was another way to get my code without having to go through them. My account was linked to an email that I no longer have and they can't confirm my account without that email verification so now I can't retrieve my steam key which makes me sad. Have there been any other methods of getting a download code for kickstarter backers? Thanks!

I'm sure if you send an email to support@doublefine.com explaining the situation they'll try to help you out. I would label it something like 'Lost access to my Humble account email, can I get a steam code?' so that it's clear that it's not just a problem with retrieving the key, it's a problem with accessing humble. You should probably include details of the email address you lost access to, so they can verify.

They can't verify your identity via your billing information?

DF probably only sent them the emails, not the billing information. I don't even think DF has the details of billing info since kickstarter/amazon don't pass it on to the campaign runner.

DF probably only sent them the emails, not the billing information. I don't even think DF has the details of billing info since kickstarter/amazon don't pass it on to the campaign runner.

Oh, I think I get it now; he was using one email when backing, lost access, and never updated it on Kickstarter or notified DF, so it ended up attributed to the bum email? Yes, get in touch with DF Support, then.

To clarify a bit; We do not distribute any of the keys. Humble Bundle handles all of the Kickstarter and Slacker backer key distribution. Normally, we would send out an e-mail or direct you to the humble bundle key resender to retreive the keys. The only thing we can do is confirm whether or not you've backed the game in our database.

If you have had any changes to the e-mail account that you've used to back the game, you should contact https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us and provide them with your old e-mail address and ask that they transfer the access to the keys to your current address.

Sign in to follow this