Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fengar

Change keep ruling house

I've accidently got the same house to rule two different keeps.

(Don't know how, as the two keeps started with different houses)

How do I change the ruling house of a keep?

And is it possible? (I figure it might have been a bug in my case)

I don't think it is possible to change the ruling house in your keeps, that keep belongs to the family till they die out. That said, you could just make due with 2 keeps of the same house.

Keeps can change hands when the original family completely dies out. In that case a keep just functions as a new made 'empty' keep that needs a new family.

Edit: There is also an event that can trigger a keep to become empty (and thus function as a new keep), won't spoil what it is though.

In case anyone's wondering, the decision to make regencies permanent was made because of the alternative causing a lot of unneeded micro-managemend in trying to maximize the kids.

Personally, I think it could make a return as a very costly research project.

In case anyone's wondering, the decision to make regencies permanent was made because of the alternative causing a lot of unneeded micro-managemend in trying to maximize the kids.

Alternately, a costly research project to demolish a building so you can do something else with the plot might be nice. For those times when a bad result on a random event nukes your only Caberjack keep, for example. Might be a pain to figure out what to do with the people currently in the building you want to demolish, though (particularly trainees).

Alternately, a costly research project to demolish a building so you can do something else with the plot might be nice. For those times when a bad result on a random event nukes your only Caberjack keep, for example. Might be a pain to figure out what to do with the people currently in the building you want to demolish, though (particularly trainees).

I wouldn't think it would need to be costly. Demolishing a building and then spending the research time to replace it is already a costly move, you'd have to really want to do it, so I'd say 1 year to demolish and then the standard amount of time to replace would be fine.

It would help fix those situations where you're left with multiple guilds/crucibles but have losts keeps, and need to re-balance the kingdom, I suppose.

I too would really appreciate an option for this. I also agree that an instant demolish would still be balanced, because you have to build the new building all over. Too costly to do unless you really don't have any use for the family currently in the keep.

Alternatively, you could also only have the option to give a keep to a new family when the regent dies as per normal-- this will stop too much micromanaging as you would still have a keep dedicated to a bloodline for the lifespan of the regent.

Some sort of option would be really nice though to mitigate new players or new experimentation occasionally leaving you with dead end buildings.

Some sort of option would be really nice though to mitigate new players or new experimentation occasionally leaving you with dead end buildings.

^ This.

Sign in to follow this