Sign in to follow this  
DF Brad

Hybrid Class Names!

A mix of my ideas and other ideas I liked. I was trying to create a rough resemblance between the form of the names in each pair.

Alchemist - Caberjack : Crowdsplitter

Alchemist - Hunter : Snipeslinger

Caberjack - Hunter : Shadowjack

Caberjack - Alchemist : Thunderjack

Hunter - Alchemist : Fulminator

Hunter - Caberjack : Predator

For the Caberjack/Alchemist, how about Ramjack? A caber is basically a one-man ram right?

Hunter / Caberjack - a Hunter that’s all about getting point blank shots and fighting from close® range than normal.

Vanguard/Blunders (because of blunderbuss)

Blunderbuss was what I thought of with that description, but I like Blunderbuster better personally

Hunter / Caberjack - a Hunter that’s all about getting point blank shots and fighting from close® range than normal.

Blunderbuss was what I thought of with that description, but I like Blunderbuster better personally

But they use bows... sounds cool though.

But they use bows... sounds cool though.

It feels like it, short range more damage. I know they use bows but I thought it might be funny to call them Blunders (or Blunderbuster for that matter) as a reference to blunderbusses.

Quick thoughts. I think the names should probably have some coherent themes within each class: it stands to reason that Hunters would call their "sub-professions" similar things, and so on.

Alchemists

My thought here was that the title should be technical and powerful-sounding. I imagine Alchemists are a little full of themselves.

Alchemist / Caberjack - I like Catalyst here: an Alchemist who affects a battle more directly!

Alchemist / Hunter - This seems like the toughest one to name out of all of them. Should probably focus on the Alchemist being very precise. Exactor? Solvent?

Caberjack

Caberjacks are more laid-back and berserker-y. They probably like names that are either a little funny or "cool", or both.

Caberjack / Hunter - I like some previous suggestions here: Blackjack or Shadowjack.

Caberjack / Alchemist - I don't know how I feel about all the Caber classes having "-jack" as a suffix. Maybe play off of the Ramcap Caber here? Thundercap, like thunderclap? Boomcap?

Hunters

Hunters seem pretty no-nonsense. I would think their titles would be to the point.

Hunter / Alchemist - Grenadier seems to be the most descriptive title I've seen mentioned here.

Hunter / Caberjack - Skirmisher is a decent summation of how this class function. I also kinda like Pointblank if something completely made up would be preferable. :)

So far, I like these in no particular order:

Alchemist / Caberjack - an Alchemist that uses knockback bombs and is more melee focused.

Catalyst

Vandal

Pugilist

Alchemist / Hunter - an Alchemist that uses heavily damaging precision single tile bombs.

Brewbomber

Mechanist

Striker

Demolitionist

---

---

Caberjack / Hunter - a sneaky Caberjack that can stealth around the map! :o!

Shadowjack

Guerrillajack

Caberjack / Alchemist - a Caberjack that uses flask explosions on the tip of his Caber.

Riotjack

Wildjack

---

---

Hunter / Alchemist - a Hunter that can shoot flasks with his crossbow.

Bombardier

Mortar

Grenadier

Hawker

Hunter / Caberjack - a Hunter that's all about getting point blank shots and fighting from close® range than normal.

Predator

Marauder

Roughneck

-------------

Some other random ones:

Gunner

Ballista

Caberjack / Alchemist - a Caberjack that uses flask explosions on the tip of his Caber.

Flarejack

Smiles

I'm loving all the different names, but I've been thinking and . . .would it be easier (given that the primary class needs to be clearly communicated) to just name the hybrids [adjective] [primary class]? e.g. Explosive Caberjack; Bludgeoning Hunter; Silent Alchemist.

I'm loving all the different names, but I've been thinking and . . .would it be easier (given that the primary class needs to be clearly communicated) to just name the hybrids [adjective] [primary class]? e.g. Explosive Caberjack; Bludgeoning Hunter; Silent Alchemist.

Hm, You could take a majority of the suggested names, and turn them into descriptors. I think I prefer the current idea of the topic, since the flavor is silly and nice and not as clunky, but unique names for hybrids does makes things more abstruse potentially as well, and the descriptor idea makes things more clear.

Smiles

As much as I like a couple of my own suggestions and many of the ones seen here, I actually like this thought. It would make it clear that they are a modifier on another class, rather than a totally new class. That said, there are other ways to make that clear.

As much as I like a couple of my own suggestions and many of the ones seen here, I actually like this thought. It would make it clear that they are a modifier on another class, rather than a totally new class. That said, there are other ways to make that clear.

I totally agree.

Alchemist / Caberjack: Siegebrewer

Alchemist / Hunter: Mortar

Caberjack / Hunter: Shadowjack

Caberjack / Alchemist: Volcanist

Hunter / Alchemist: Arbalester

Hunter / Caberjack: Piledriver

I totally agree.

Soooo... Digimon/ Super Sentai classes then?

Alchemist / Caberjack - an Alchemist that uses knockback bombs and is more melee focused.

Demolisher

Alchemist / Hunter - an Alchemist that uses heavily damaging precision single tile bombs.

Dissolver

JackRabbit

SplatterJack

PopShot

BlunderJack (sort of like blunderbus)

Pestle

Morter

survivor

hot-head

glass-bolt

executioner

i imagine that these names are like prefixes or suffixes on the class names.

"oh look john is a glass-bolt hunter and sam is a caber-jack survivor"

would make everything clear and consistant

I like "Incinerator" for the single-target-damage Alchemist/Hunter...

and "Blastcapper" for the Caber/Alchemist with the flask-tipped cabers.

(It's too bad those "swinging log traps" you see in the movies don't have some proper name, or we could name the sneaky caberjacks after them.)

Sorry... I know you can't use these but they fit so well I had to share once I thought of them:

Hulk

Iron Man

Black Widow

Thor

Hawkeye

Hunter / Caberjack - a Hunter that's all about getting point blank shots and fighting from close® range than normal.

Captain America

I'll try again:

Thunderjack

Lightningist

Lumberist

Stumper

Missilist

Bowjack

(I was stretching there, I only really like Thunderjack, Stumper and Bowjack)

Bowjack

Horseman? :lol:

No idea... yet.

Demolisher

Sapper

No idea... yet.

Farcast(er) or Artificier

Duelist

i still think that putting the hybrid name after the actual class is trhe best idea ie.

"that is sarah she is an alchemist jar-head"

alchemists and hunters need a simple two syllable identifier becuase that sounds good, there is a flow there. but caberjack needs a single syllable identifyer or eles the name gets too clunky ie. a caber-jack breaker vs a caber-jack night-raider. no flow. also the hunter identifier can't end in R cuz that is too redundant

i also think that the hybrid names sound best if they are like the heroe's nicknames for the hybrid class. the ruler didn't call sarah a jar-head. the heroes in the barracks did.

jar-head

delivery-boy/girl (dont know if you can make it gender specific)

raider

breaker

shot-put

dervish

Bumping this thread one more time! I'm making the final decisions today! :D!

I have no more additions. I just want to play the next patch! :-D

Smiles

Well, it's probably too late, but I just had a thought for the Alchemist/Hunter. Precision acid bombs? The Face Melter!