Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vorg

The end is nigh?

Looks like the new religion of Cullenism, based of the book Twilight and it's sequels, is growing to new levels.

I just don't understand anymore. I hate this book and I've always have, but this is just dumb.

Info here, can also Google to find some more, and sadly this is not a hoax people actually do believe in this.

http://gnostalgia.wordpress.com/2009/03/29/a-new-religion-cullenism/

At least the church of Google has some decent reasons...

http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/

Cullenism seems fake to me.

Paraphrasing,

"The work of fiction, Twilight".....

"The Cullens are real"

Neither can be true though, just a dumb ass joke

Oh well its not the weirdest religion I've ever seen its still more beleivable than Scientology

How dare you mock Zenu and his tentacles!

Oh and by the way I wouldn't mention Scientology, you know they like to drop that sue hammer on people.

I do believe slandering religion is against the DFAF rules-- regardless of how pathetic you believe the aforementioned religion may be.

Let he who is sinless cast the first stone. By that I mean, let's all make sure all of our own beleifs make perfect sense before we critisize someone else's. But I do agree that this is odd.

Have you guys seen Bill Maher's Religulious? It's really good. He pretty much shows how all religion is crazy. It's one of the reasons I'm agnostic. Although I was before I saw it. My beliefs were just reinforced by the film.

I don't like Bill Maher. As for religion being crazy, he's right, thing is people take it all too seriously. Religion should work as a moral guide, a statement of beliefs that one aspires to follow to live their life as best as possible, but the older faiths are so steeped in myth and doctrine that we've lost sight of that and now believe what a rational modern mind would dismiss as lore. And that's where religion gets ugly.

I don't like Bill Maher. As for religion being crazy, he's right, thing is people take it all too seriously. Religion should work as a moral guide, a statement of beliefs that one aspires to follow to live their life as best as possible, but the older faiths are so steeped in myth and doctrine that we've lost sight of that and now believe what a rational modern mind would dismiss as lore. And that's where religion gets ugly.

That's actually similar to what Bill Maher says at the end of the movie. I suggest you give it a chance, Scarecrow. Bill's arrogance is offset by the fact that the religious officials he talks to are even more arrogant. It makes for some funny moments like when he goes to a christian theme park and talks to the guy playing Jesus.

My beliefs are being renovated right now, they should make perfect sense or be very close to it by sometime before I die of of old age.
Well, everyone's beleifs make sense to themselves I meant to everyone else, but I'm not trying to start an argument.

You know what, lets not worship Tim's beard. Instead any man or woman may worship any facial hair of their choosing, except their own. This obviously means that very few women will ever find a following, but we do not mark them as inferior for their beardlessness, we acknowledge them as the other side of the fulcrum, a contrasting point that illuminates the grandeur of their bearded brethren.

Sign in to follow this