Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kristinn

[mod] Creative Mode

I've been trying to get into this game for a while now but what I find the hardest of all is planning my space base in advance, how it should look and where everything should go.

What I would like to have is a gamemode where you have infinite matter and the power to instantly build things.

My thought is that you have an option when creating a new world whether it is in creative or not.

What do you guys think about this?

Great idea! A similar idea I had is to have a planning layer where you could lay out a base without actually committing to building it. Then when you are ready you could select certain sections of the plan to construct them. Or abandon them. Though I'm not sure how feasible this idea would be to make in a mod. Your idea is much simpler to implement.

Bump because this is a fantastic idea. Maybe have a low cost item builders can place in space which create a laser grid to highlight where the walls would be.

If you want a pure creative mode maybe it would be easier to create a cheat code to give yourself as much matter as you want.

If you want a pure creative mode maybe it would be easier to create a cheat code to give yourself as much matter as you want.

This would be a very simple way of doing this and maybe a good start but this would not include for example instant building.

I have a bit more time now than I did when I originally posted this so I'm going to try and look into how to actually implement this.

Sign in to follow this