Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrashFu

Regaining lost classes?

In my current game, Hunters were pretty rare to begin with, and well... the last one I had died of old age before I could appoint him as a regent and get any children.

So now I have two primary houses, one of which only produces Caberjacks and the other of which only produces Alchemists.

I'm not having trouble winning without hunters, (and I've researched armor and weapons for the other two classes, but nothing for the poor neglected hunters) but I'd like to get some back in my ranks for variety. I'm assuming I'm only going to do that by hero recruitment, baby adoption, or heroes/babies gained as battle rewards?

(So far my luck with all of THOSE has been mostly more caberjacks and alchemists; I got ONE hunter in a recruitment drive but she was infertile. :[ )

Adoption won't help since you can only adopt into an existing bloodline and so they'll always be the class of the bloodline. Only Recruit Hero and the mission rewards will give you a class you don't already have. Of course, they are both quite random.

If you don't mind it, you can always save right before the Recruit Hero research is complete and reload as many times as it takes to get the result you want.

To get a new house going with a low-level hunter, Make the hunter a regent and marry him/her to high leveled partner to gve their kids a large XP boost.

@CrashFu - Those are the primary methods. In your case even though the Hunter was Infertile you could still retire them and adopt to start the Bloodline! :D!

To get a new house going with a low-level hunter, Make the hunter a regent and marry him/her to high leveled partner to gve their kids a large XP boost.

Actually, Partners appear to not contribute any XP to kids in the current build. I think zdesert is the one who's been documenting his experiments on this front.

@CrashFu - Those are the primary methods. In your case even though the Hunter was Infertile you could still retire them and adopt to start the Bloodline! :D!

Aah, of course. If only I had thought of that before old age set in, ahwell. I'll try again after the next recruitment drive.

So, regents provide the XP level (before bonuses from standards.. do siblings help train each other in any way?)

Is the class determined mostly by the Regent's class, or does the partner have an even say in that? I'm assuming that when the hybrid classes make it into the game, we'll get them by pairing off regents and partners of differing classes?

Sign in to follow this