Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jasondesante

its on sale

the game isnt even out yet and its on sale

said i wouldnt come back but here i am to say hello

its weird this game is on sale right now

signed many disappointed people

It's hardly ground breaking, because A) it had the same discount during the first week of early access, and B) Steam Sales man, they're kinda crazy.

Yeah. Chalk it up to the Steam sale.

Signed, many understanding people

(and Smiles)

Yeah, I think EVERY Double Fine game is on sale right now except for Costume Quest 2 (which is published by Midnight City, so they might not have control over the pricing of that one, and also is pretty new too)

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Double Fine Productions

Massive Chalice isn't as heavily discounted as those other games, because it's newer.

Nothing to see here.

Thanks for advertising these nice bargains, though!

what exactly is the issue here?

Signed, one pretty confused person

What he's saying is:

"Games are only on sale when they're FAILING right? Because I'm new to steam."

Someone (maybe him?) on the Steam discussion page made this exact same thread and was promptly laughed at by dozens of people. Jasondesante also just left an 8+ paragraph rant about his disappointment and regrets in one of my Spacebase threads, that has nothing to do with the thread topic... Despite the backer tags and post-count, this guy is behaving exactly like our other recurring trolls. 8-/

P.S. I've seen EA titles just as successful as Massive Chalice go on sale, and for even larger discounts, even! Would you believe they had Grim Dawn for 50% off at one brief point? :coolgrin:

how baout another chapter to a book

calling me a troll doesn't do anything benefit, especially when I'm saying how I feel and it aligns with reality and a lot of the things I said are just pure facts. People that blindly support wrong actions are a problem because with enough numbers you can support anything (honey boo boo), and with enough blindness you can even be her mother and date that sex offender.

I don't want everyone to go down that path, that is why I'm extra critical because it shouldn't be me who is doing this, they should be thinking this about themselves and teaching us. Tim's games were some of the first I ever played, in many ways he taught me the language of playing games, which is a very important thing. Many people feel positive towards DF because of this but if we have to teach them what they're doing wrong again and again, this isn't going anywhere.

Blindly supporting stuff that isn't in your best interests is something people have been doing since the beginning of time so I don't blame you, most likely you are trying to hold onto some part of your ego or something that is personally involved in the company. Spacebase failing should be a lesson that you shouldn't care about a company as much as the actions of the people that make up the company. Investing some of yourself into the trust of a company will leave you empty eventually. There are many talented people working at Double Fine but also a few up top making the important decisions that are messing everything up for all the talented passionate people. All that work on art doesn't mean anything if the person who is the game designer is so bad at their job it is embarrassing.

Luckily in games there is a lot of discussion and people understand where Double Fine is right now.

The collective PC gaming consciousness is aware and things have changed, no one can pretend things are the same since before DF decided to put Spacebase into full production without a skilled game designer or intelligent plan to make the game fun or finished in a form someone would be remotely proud of.

When something is this obvious and you support it even though all the facts are suggesting the opposite, that is when people start to get sick of you for making things worse. I'm sorry if you think I'm targeting you and saying bad things about you for defending DF, but you are actually making things worse by encouraging DF to continue being blind to reality.

DF constantly does things with the excuse that it is for fun, like giving the early access version of Massive Chalice to everyone just because so many people asked. Brad is so happy and smiley that of course we don't care, except that the whole deal beforehand was completely different. They change their plans so often it is ridiculous, they don't care about us, they constantly make excuses that they do things because it will make them more money and the fans go "oh okay then". I don't care that Massive Chalice got sent out to everyone that backed because I haven't even played it yet, I haven't played Hack N Slash yet either even though I got a free copy of it. I've seen videos of them, Hack n Slash looks alright though not much different from the prototype which is shocking because it puts into perspective why I always thought certain games didn't have enough stuff in them. I would think maybe its wrong for me to demand more gameplay related fun stuff in games because everything takes so much effort blah blah blah. It only takes a lot of effort if you're bad at your job and you have tools that make you take a long time to do your job.

I guess the reasons I haven't played Massive Chalice yet are because the teamstream videos seemed like the game was going to take a lot longer and all of a sudden it is on early access, I didn't have interest in playing it, just from a viewer, and I wished I hadn't backed and just watched the teamstreams, but I backed at $50 for the 2PP doc, which I have no clue about....I have no idea what is even going on about that doc, but seriously the main reason I backed Massive Chalice was because of 2PP, if it was just DF I wouldn't have because I had already backed Broken Age and Spacebase on Early Access at that time.

DF started this whole outreach to the community through extra community related videos, livestreams, public Amnesia Fortnight, and crowdfunding, around the same time. Around when MMOJ was coming out. Before that, there had just been that wacky cool kinect game (a game made for the devil), and the 4 games that they had talked about securing after Brutal Legend came out. Those 4 games which it seems like people only talk about Costume Quest and Stacking, and forget TRENCHED! :D or the sesame street game made for the devil. Costume Quest and Stacking weren't large games at all but they were unique enough that people kept mentioning them just because all the other games at the time were so bland and similar. Brutal Legend was loved by many (especially me) because of its emphasis on Metal. Psychonauts I was told had a great story, but the gameplay truly was too confusing for me when I was younger. Not confusing but the game wasn't well made, was something that I realized later on. The sad part is so many parts of Psychonauts are good! They could update the game now and fix all those pacing and confusion issues and make it flawless in all aspects!

When DF started the outreach, then MMOJ came out. That game...I didn't like. I thought it didn't understand the platform it was being released on and refused to do certain things that would make it succeed, and instead of making it to the strengths of the platform and then make it fun, it was this weird game that wasn't fun. Then The Cave came out and I thought it was going to be more profound than it was, and then Ron left the company. Not that cool, and it didn't matter that much because all the hype didn't live up to the actual game, which wouldn't have mattered if it wasn't hyped as much because it was better than Costume Quest or Stacking in my opinion in terms of the puzzles, still think Stacking was the better overall game though, but only because it was a more simple game. The leap games looked cool but Autonomous should have been a full PC game....I don't even know how to explain how messed up that whole idea was. And then we have the current games of today, Broken Age, which still is yet to be determined if that will be a success or not, Spacebase, Hack n Slash, Massive Chalice....

all that people think of DF right now is the delayed Broken Age, which with the documentaries we know they have no excuse now (unfortunately 2PP has been transparent enough that it has made some of us not respect DF as much compared to the videos that other developers provide), and the specific way spacebase was funded. Only the people that played the game are disappointed in how amazingly bad it is, most people only know that the way it was funded was amazingly stupid.

Thanks for reading I'll be at your local book store to do signings on christmas eve

Blindly supporting stuff that isn't in your best interests is something people have been doing since the beginning of time so I don't blame you, most likely you are trying to hold onto some part of your ego or something that is personally involved in the company.

I don't think anyone of the people in this topic are blindly supporting. I think we understand and realize how Valve's Steam sales work for games across all genres and markets.

Smiles

It's Thanksgiving sale for most items on Steam I guess. If we didn't like sales, we can always buy full price.

all that people think of DF right now is the delayed Broken Age, which with the documentaries we know they have no excuse now (unfortunately 2PP has been transparent enough that it has made some of us not respect DF as much compared to the videos that other developers provide), and the specific way spacebase was funded. Only the people that played the game are disappointed in how amazingly bad it is, most people only know that the way it was funded was amazingly stupid.

Broken Age is delayed? And here I thought it was on schedule for an early 2015 release, while Act 1 was winning rewards and such.

Also I've done some snooping and the 2/3 of the Spacebase reviews that are negative are mostly from people who haven't played it or haven't played it recently.

Filter out all of their unqualified opinions and those who actually HAVE put time into the game, particularly after the last content update and bugfixes, and still are disappointed with it? They make up a relatively small (if incessantly whiny) group. :-P

Really, you and a handful of others been trying SO hard to push this image of Double Fine as untrustworthy con-men or bumbling incompetents on a sinking ship of a company... but the facts simply don't support any of those bleak and cynical beliefs. Double Fine will be making games for a long time yet, and we're going to keep buying them as long as they continue to please us.

It's Thanksgiving sale for most items on Steam I guess. If we didn't like sales, we can always buy full price.

Coincidentally, I bought Massive Chalice two days before the sale started. :lol: They can keep my extra seven bucks, though.

in the end... it is just a game on sale while all the every other game is on sale. if you are game shopping on steam now and see a game not on sale you will not buy it becuase everything else has some kind of discount.

there is nothing about a game going on sale that makes it bad, or a rip off or an admission of guilt. it is just cheaper for a few days... the end

if you didn't play hack and slash you cant say anything about how it does or dosn't play or how much content it has. and if you didnt want to play massive chalice... why did you back it? cant you purchase just the 2PP for broken age if you are interested in it without getting the game?

and if you haven't tried Massive chalice how can you say it isnt good enough for an early access BETA release? it is better then the other early acces games i was foolish enough to buy... as it is it is better than a few full release games i was foolish enough to buy...

P.S. and the 2PP documentary for MC is comin, they said it will be released when Massive chalice has it's final release. they are apparently going more in depth into every aspect of making the game and the people making it like they couldn't do with broken age so they are waiting for development to end to edit it all together and thell the whole story, kickstarter, design, programming, beta, feedback, testing release, response <-- i am pumped for that.

Cheers mate

Sign in to follow this