Sign in to follow this  
KestrelPi

New Card Game!

I spotted this on Double Fine's Youtube Channel:

It's basically a riff on blackjack where you've got to press your luck deciding on whether to eat more candy without going bust (which in this case means puking). Certain cards then have special abilities which spice things up a little.

I think the read of the rules is a little dry for what sounds like it could be a fun little game, especially for kids - I like to stay positive but I wish these guys seemed a little more excited about playing the game, because it seems actually kinda neat. I'd totally play this with my little nephew when he's old enough, or at the end of an evening of playing more complex games.

Edit:

Ah, it's on the shop already and it turns out it's a trading card game, which I didn't notice before. I'm not sure I'm -quite- so on board with that, because it means that I'd have to buy a whole ton of packs to get a decent game going. There's no starter deck, just random 10 packs and then a 4 pack deal at a discount.

Still, I like the game idea, for sure. It'd make a good minigame in Costume Quest 3 ;)

How many cards you need for 2 player game in total? And how about 3 or 4 players?

E: Just asking so the games wont end within the first 3 minutes and the store recomend of 4 packages seems little bit low to me.

Hey, DF, the website is up, but there are no rules to read, just the video for instructions. The basics are are pretty straight forward, but near the end of the video (3:30 on) Matt talks about reshuffling the puke pile into play and ending the game, but it's not exactly clear how the game ends. I would have assumed that when your draw pile was empty, you're done, but then Matt mentions reusing your puke pile for play. Some written out rules (or at least a clarification on how to end the game) would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey, DF, the website is up, but there are no rules to read, just the video for instructions. The basics are are pretty straight forward, but near the end of the video (3:30 on) Matt talks about reshuffling the puke pile into play and ending the game, but it's not exactly clear how the game ends. I would have assumed that when your draw pile was empty, you're done, but then Matt mentions reusing your puke pile for play. Some written out rules (or at least a clarification on how to end the game) would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would appreciate a starter kit that includes a print manual. Something simple; the manual, enough boosters for two players, and maybe a bit of swag or non-melty candy.