Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrashFu

What will be the next big (physics) Simulator Game?

We've seen some pretty crazy Simulator games in the past couple years, getting behind the life of Surgeons, Incognito Octopi, Robot-armed tea-drinkers, Goats, and Bread to name a few, and I suspect all that's just the tip of the iceberg!

What hot new simulations do you predict for 2015?

Who knows. Sex Simulator? Just not by the surgeon/toast people. *Dropped genitals, grabs bottle* Yeah, maybe not a great idea.

Disembodied Arm Simulator 2015!

I imagine that as a cross between Surgeon Simulator and I Am Bread.

It's a literal disembodied arm crawling around on the floor.

Better yet, a physics-simulator centered SPECIFICALLY around Thing from The Addams Family

Disembodied Arm Simulator 2015!

I imagine that as a cross between Surgeon Simulator and I Am Bread.

It's a literal disembodied arm crawling around on the floor.

Better yet, a physics-simulator centered SPECIFICALLY around Thing from The Addams Family

That's exactly how I imagined it as well.

But I'd argue the arm stump is an integral part of the gameplay as it serves as both the main obstacle to overcome in the controls, but also a key component of giving the arm mass.

The game starts off in "The Museum of Arms and Arm-related Appendages" and you need to make your way to the rest of your body on the other side of town in "The Morgue".

Scientists will want to capture you for their experiments, the police will want to shoot you to oblivion, and Curator wants to make you the main attraction.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot about the "Cult of Arms". They just want to borrow you, and use you as a sacrificial host to their dark lord.

Hey, Scarecrow, Fhqwhgads, cut it out. People can enjoy christmas or find it obnoxious, what REALLY matters is that we all drink eggnog or hot cocoa and flail rubbery virtual arms around trying to manipulate things, eh?

I think the next big sim will be KBaM Simulator; Use a 360 controller to interact with a virtual keyboard and mouse and attempt to engage in simple gaming / web browsing functions!

My first thought was a zombie simulator, where you kinda just roam around as a zombie and eat people with flailing rubbery arms.

How about Stairs Simulator, in which you simulate the perils of ascending/descending stairs as a rubber limbed abomination.

I assume you were thinking of this youtube classic: iRZ2Sh5-XuM

Um... No, that's way better. The next simulator should be the video game version of that video.

The next simulator should be the video game version of this post.

Post Simulator 2015 everybody! Buy it now!

Sign in to follow this