Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
j-man

Collectors Edition: Triangle Box ?

If there is a physical release of the game, could you please make a collectors edition in a triangle box, similar to the original one?

And maybe with a tentacle figurine, an art book or something else inside? That would be awesome!!!

Only thing i could like more than triangle box. was Box shaped like a tentacle :P

That would be neat. When the game originally came out I bought it in its regular box. I never saw the triangular box in stores.

Only thing i could like more than triangle box. was Box shaped like a tentacle :P

I thought that was what they were going for.

I actually never saw that box until I saw the one in Tim's office. It is pretty awesome.

We are pretty far from even thinking about the box design, but anything is possible.

I actually never saw that box until I saw the one in Tim's office. It is pretty awesome.

We are pretty far from even thinking about the box design, but anything is possible.

Hi Matt. Thanks for responding to my question! Hope it's possible for you guys to make it happen when you get to the box design part. Would also be nice just to have a physical box release, even if it's just a normal rectangular-shaped one.

I totally understand. We really try and do those types of things since we know people would be excited for them, but sometimes it isn't possible to make the budgets work for something like that.

You could always do some sort of preorder programme in order to verify if there's enough demand to justify producing a box copy. But I guess setting that up also costs time and money, and in this case I assume there would also be licensing issues?

I'm really looking forward to Day of the Tentacle! I'm actually one of those few people who've never played it. The Dig was my very first adventure game, and Grim Fandango was the first Tim game that I played. As I was only able to rent (...or illegaly acquire...) games back in the day, I just didn't know about all the other LucasArts adventures. When I tried to play DotT a few years ago for the first time, I didn't really get into it. Contrary to Full Throttle, it had aged a bit too much for my tastes. I think a lot of that has to do with the old verb parser that I'm just not used to, so I hope you guys will provide a more modernised interface in the special edition. I will buy and play the remaster regardless, however. Together with Broken Age, it's crazy that I'm getting two 'brand new' Tim Schafer adventures in such a short period of time!

We are pouring a ton of love into this game, so I feel pretty confident that fans will be happy.

I agree on the pre-order thing for DOTT retail, but there are some fairly complicated licensing issues we need to work through. Disney/Lucas has been amazingly supportive when we try to do stuff outside of our original agreement, so it is always a possibility. There is a thread somewhere on here about requesting the Grim Soundtrack release, and we were able to figure that out eventually. Fingers crossed!

Strategy: Wait until the new Star Wars movie releases, then quickly slip into the Lucas/Disney vaults and nab some cash for the boxes. They'll be too busy rolling in the dough to care. ;)

I kid, of course. :P

I've also never played Day of the Tentacle, and I can't wait to get the chance. I never had a pc growing up, so I missed out on most of these games. I played Maniac Mansion on the NES, and I played the special edition of Monkey Island on the 360 (which Matt was a big part of, I seem to remember him telling me), so this is pretty exciting for me to finally get the chance to go back and play these games. Just started playing Grim Fandango Remastered last night, and I'm loving that, too!

Dito. I hope one day I will have this triangle box. I only have the normal box. I even didn´t know for years that there was a CD version. :red:

Sign in to follow this