Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ronniesporch

Caberjack Knockback?

What exactly is the effect of a caberjack's knockback? I know the chalice says something about it when you first start playing, and I just saw it listed in the recent game update post involving hybrids.

But I don't think I've ever seen a "knockback" outside of a charge attack or the rebound ability in my games. I've played two campaigns to the final battle.

Knockback is a melee attack. It does a very small amount of damage, but it stuns the pawn you hit for a full round as well as knocking them back a few squares. If they run into anything, they take a little extra damage - and if they run into another pawn, the other pawn is stunned as well.

It's a great crowd-control ability.

Exploding lapses and the "charge" ability also cause things to be knocked back. The difference there is that the afected things don't take damage or get stunned if they aren't knocked into something. You need to push targets into walls and objects in order to stun them.

What exactly is the effect of a caberjack's knockback? I know the chalice says something about it when you first start playing, and I just saw it listed in the recent game update post involving hybrids.

But I don't think I've ever seen a "knockback" outside of a charge attack or the rebound ability in my games. I've played two campaigns to the final battle.

Have you not seen the skill on your Caberjacks skill bar? It's the one that does lower damage, but if it hits will knock the target back a few squares and then stun them.

...I've played the game twice and I never realized that wasn't the normal attack option...

I just booted up the game and checked, I've never even used it before. I just assumed that it was activated when I targeted an enemy...

Whoops! Sorry for the silly thread.

Sign in to follow this