Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dastardly31

The PS4 Deal?

Seems like no one is mentioning this on these forums.

Does anyone know if this is a Sony only console deal is for PS4 only? Is it coming to Xbox One? We all know it's coming to Ouya, but I am talking about next gen. I was hoping for a Wii U version.

Can anyone answer this?

What I suspect is that Sony is publishing this version, so at least no others are planned unless a different publisher handles those versions. There may be some kind of timed exclusivity deal but those are rarely made public. The Wii U is also the only current console I own (and plan to) although PC is still my main platform so I am already taken care of.

Sony has actively pursued indie games for their platform. Since it is announced for PS4 and wasn't announced concurrently for Xbox One or Wii U, I would suspect it is probably a timed exclusive. It will likely hit all platforms eventually.

That's my best guess.

It's strange the PS4 is getting Broken Age and Grim, but the Xbone is getting Massive Chalice. Kinda seems like splitting your audience.

It's strange the PS4 is getting Broken Age and Grim, but the Xbone is getting Massive Chalice. Kinda seems like splitting your audience.

It's just a combination of past relationships and going where the money is. Adam Boyes at Sony was a big factor in getting the IP to do the adventure game remasters and Sony was willing to pay for that development. Microsoft has a past relationship with Brad Muir through Iron Brigade (Trenched) and they were willing to fund that deal.

I'm sure they wish they could put out all this stuff on every platform, but as we've seen with Broken Age, more platforms means more resources. With smallish teams and tight budgets it's not possible to launch on 4+ platforms simultaneously.

Sign in to follow this