Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dinnerordie17

JULY is DFAF RP Month

Well I thought, to spice these forums up a little bit if we turned the whole next month into a giant RP

We get as many people as we can to become a different psychonauts character

And then they act like that character for the whole month of july!

I think we should do stuff like this more often, have a theme for each month or something

This doesn't mean you can't post what you normally would, it just means you have to do your posts based on the personality of the character so if you were Vernim (I AM HIM) You would do really boring long posts!

Seem we can't change our usernames just make your avatar a picture of the character, If you can't get one I'll make you one

Every character from Psychonauts can only be done by ONE Person, there are probably about 200 characters you can be but you should still post here to reserve them quickly so you get a good one.

PLEASE PARTICPATE PEOPLE!

This could be really fun! it would be like an RP thread accept it would infect the whole forum, (just for a month though DFAF woudl be a messed up place if we stayed like it)

AND IMAGINE We could have whoever is Nills and whoever is Elka having random fights on the forums,

I'm setting my avatar to the style you should set it to say people know who you rping as.

Here There Be Thou Particpants

Dinnerordie: Crystal Flowers Snagrash

Katez: Razputin Aquato

Crash Tester123: Nils Lutefisk

Lejwocky: Elton Fir

Tripz Ballz Elka Doom

Gridsleep: Clem

Cheif Wakamakamu: Dr. Loboto

Aluminumticket: Agent Milla Vodello

Nutastic: Fred Bonaparte

Saki-the-Cat: Mikhail Bulgakov

Nami Arigawa: Agent Sasha Nein

Apple Pop: Sheegor

Leroy Octopus: Bobby Zilch (avatar is not going to have pic, but it will say Bobby in the Signature)

JJkul: Boyd (rp name in siggy)

Hey guys... well I decided to help well Its a pretty good story really... I drew pictures of some people It should come in handy

amqdzt.png

This is Lily, her dad is A Psychomaster or something totally boring like that, my dad is much more interesting he's wait! Gotto stay focused

f5dfdf.png

This Is Dogen, some people think he is a bit weird, I don't mind him though because he can just listen to me talk....all....day....long...

34q1q1x.png

This is Nils, I don't like him very much becuase he is only interested in girls and not interested in my good stories

1qfuiv.png

This is ELka... she is... well she broke my nose AND NO I don't want to tell the story of it... well maybe later

1j1es9.png

This is Elton, he is only interested in Lily, not my stories

2a4q0ro.png

This is Maloof he is um.... totally great... yeah... um moving on

2u8b9td.png

Mikhail... he is an interesting sort.... yeah um... I think one of my uncles was russian quite a good story actually

5ajggz.png

Interesting Fellow JT... most interesting... Not as interesting as me though

ayrpsg.png

This is Quentin, I don't like him much because he wouldn't use my lyrics in his band which is silly because you all know how much of a word smith I am

I was going to take photos of te rest of the campers but something happened, well it is a funny story, you see...

2qajol0.jpg

This sounds fun! But I don't think I'd want to be one of the camper kids... I'd be someone like Fred or Crispin

But I think this is a cute idea and I'd take part in it if other people did!

I CALL RAZ!

... Probably nobody should call Lili just yet or Miriku is gonna be SO pissed when she comes back from camp! xD

I also fixed the Lili icon so that it actually says Lili.

You might also want to fix the "Vernin" one so that it says "Vernon" ygfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwtiiiipksjjjk;asjasjljsdkssdk

GUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRhhhh. I reallly asdfghjkl; need a shoulder to cry on right now l;lsdfl;sdfkl;fwr.

Aaaagh.

I don't want my life anymore! Does anyone want to trade?!

Sorry about that, I was informed of some bad news halfway through typing a post.

I will now go cry on a tangible shoulder. Or a plushie.

Liliforthemonth.png

Liliforthemonth.png.48a45f60672984b74935

MY FTM ICON IS SNAZZIER THAN ANYONE ELSE'S!! 8D

AH DREW IT MAHSELF!

THOMAS.... HOW DID YOU IMBED THEM IMAGES?

[del]Daddy's here.

Everything's gonna be allllllriiiiight.

(You really didn't think I would choose anyone else, did you? Awkward Turtle? Mr. Pokeylope is a turtle? Get it? Explaining the obvious?)

(Also, I had to use a .jpg instead of a .png avatar for some reason. The low quality bothers me. >:c )

[del]EDIT:Wait a second. I broke something and now I have my old avatar back...[/del]

EDIT AGAIN: nevermind.[/del]

Nevermind again. I just realized that being in character for Mr. Pokeylope is going to get really boring really fast.

So I have picked a more lungfish-y character who shall hopefully be easier to RP.

I still had to use a .jpg though. :c

I also fixed the Lili icon so that it actually says Lili.

You might also want to fix the "Vernin" one so that it says "Vernon" ygfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwtiiiipksjjjk;asjasjljsdkssdk

GUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRhhhh. I reallly asdfghjkl; need a shoulder to cry on right now l;lsdfl;sdfkl;fwr.

Aaaagh.

I don't want my life anymore! Does anyone want to trade?!

Sorry about that, I was informed of some bad news halfway through typing a post.

I will now go cry on a tangible shoulder. Or a plushie.

Is it possible... since you made a fusion of your avatar and Raz... that you could make me a fusion of my avatar and Dogan? It would be quite a task... But I think a brilliant artistic prodigy such as yourself could make one...

...I never had any artistic talent. ;P

Anyway I'll try for like... a week. But I can see this getting annoying really fast. Especially now that I have appointed myself the Role-play Police.

THOMAS.... HOW DID YOU IMBED THEM IMAGES?

Well its a pretty funny story actually, well first I went on Tinypic, and then I uploaded an image, and then I copied the image code into this post, and then I clicked submit reply, and then I had to wait for it to load, and then the picture was there, and I though wow, that is cool, and then I wondered why it happened, but then I had to go to bed becuase it was late, and then I dreamed about Fra- nothing, and then I woke up and then I...

Hey guys? Okay well I would like to clear this up with you so nobody gets confused because that would not be 'dope' as Quentin says, but don't have to just be a camper, okay that's it for now I have plenty of other interesting things to say though!

And remember to get as many people as you can to participate in Psychonauts RP month, I still can't see a Frankie cos she is totally my Girlfreind, I think... probably like I said I am a ladies man hur hur hur

And I'll get some more photos of my fellow campers and other people from the Whispering Rock area so you can use them as your 'Avatar'

[del]Hey, you know, JJkul would probably be okay with being Franke...[/del] OOPSIES, I WAS THINKING OF SOMEBODY ELSE WHO HAPPENS TO HAVE GIR AS THEIR AVATAR TOO. :C

and maybe you should, you know, have like a list of who is who on the first page... Probably the first post that is not a reply.... the main thingy...

Hey guys? Okay well I would like to clear this up with you so nobody gets confused because that would not be 'dope' as Quentin says, but don't have to just be a camper, okay that's it for now I have plenty of other interesting things to say though!

And remember to get as many people as you can to participate in Psychonauts RP month, I still can't see a Frankie cos she is totally my Girlfreind, I think... probably like I said I am a ladies man hur hur hur

And I'll get some more photos of my fellow campers and other people from the Whispering Rock area so you can use them as your 'Avatar'

Isn't Vernon spelled with an 'o'?

Here is whos who so far.

(remember when I post in this thread I am not being in character usually, but every other thread I post in I'll be acting like Vernon

Katez: Raz

Awkard Turtle: Linda

Crash Tester123: Nils

Lejwocky: Elton

If you are not yet on this list tell me

Who I would suggest next

Defeinately Frankie So Vernon can Be Anoying to Her

Elka Seem we have Nils it would be good to have her too

With people being Elton and Raz having Lili on the forums could become interesting

I'd like to get people being all 23 campers or so before me move onto some of the other characters

Don't forget that there is nothing wrong with people being Camp Staff Too

Something tells me this whole "being in character all the time" thing is going to get really old really fast.

I may have to quit being Raz before the month is out. I mean, not only am I NOT going to be able to stay in character, but I have tons to do this month! This was pretty much exactly the wrong month! D|

I'll be Quentin, if it's cool.

Actually, wait, since people are editing picture to be other characters, I call Milla! *Starts drawing*

I'll probably make a better icon later but I just wanted to make sure I got Fred first... This icon is quite flattering though I must admit.

Also I can't tell if my icon's changed at all because when I change it, it takes a while to change.

I'll probably make a better icon later but I just wanted to make sure I got Fred first... This icon is quite flattering though I must admit.

Also I can't tell if my icon's changed at all because when I change it, it takes a while to change.

Whoa! That's awesome. I should've looked through a memory vault.

Can I steal that idea from you? 'Cause I made Milla look like she has a beard. D:

Can I steal that idea from you? 'Cause I made Milla look like she has a beard. D:

Wait are you talking about the one that says Fred in black cursivey letters at the bottom or the one I changed it to with red lettering? Because the one I'm seeing is the Fred in black lettering and I drew that one... I can't tell who sees what because whenever I change my icon, my old one shows up for awhile.

Also yeah, you can do the memory vault thing if you want seeing as my memory vault icon is temporary.

Wait are you talking about the one that says Fred in black cursivey letters at the bottom or the one I changed it to with red lettering? Because the one I'm seeing is the Fred in black lettering and I drew that one... I can't tell who sees what because whenever I change my icon, my old one shows up for awhile.

Also yeah, you can do the memory vault thing if you want seeing as my memory vault icon is temporary.

No, the one you changed it to is up. And thank you!

Hey- This 'Staying in character' thing is going to be a pain, won't it? Can't we just be the characters in certain topics? Because having to answer a question, and then having to rephrase it and stuff would get grating.

There? Happy?

I have a spiffy new, month specific avatar. It comes with a special hat. Please don't take it off.

ACK. I can't decide between Dogen & Dr. Loboto. Maybe I'll switch...

I believe it's actually "If anyone talks to the squirrels, they shouldn't listen, because the squirrels are stupid liars."

Psycho killer, que-ce que c'est?

Fafafafafafafafafafa

There, you happy? I'm roleplaying as the talking head.

Sign in to follow this