Sign in to follow this  
DFCamdensound

Audio Update: Ambient Preview of Act 2!

Busy indeed! Hope you guys like what you hear. Can't wait for you guys to get your hands on the game!

I want to play a game! Let's guess what each tidbit actually is (highlight below for my guesses):

1. Machines in a room? Perhaps an area on Shay's spaceship.

2. Sounds like burning. Either another room on Shay's spaceship or a volcanic SECRET PLACE where Mog Chothras fly free(eeeeee).

3. Ok so the volcanic SECRET PLACE exploDED and meteors are everywhere. Or space, but also meteors.

4. Dizzy alien (Shay) spaceship noise. Maybe the room wherever Alex was. Aliens either way.

5. Futuristic music aka the successor to dubstep.

6. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS IS BUT PEOPLE PROBABLY HAD TO TALK REALLY LOUD LIKE THIS TO HEAR EACH OTHER

7. Space probably.

8. Shellmound after 10 shots of Whisky.

9. Mog Chothra dinner table where Grand Mog is whispering some old story and Teenage Mog is chomping down its plate as fast as possible so it could go to its room and listen to Futuristic Music.

10. Futuristic Music, Pt. 2.

My apologies to Paul and Camden.

Ambient sounds are always going to be somewhat creepy on their own, but still it feels like whatever has changed for Act 2, it sounds a lot darker.

Number 3 is rather exciting... explosions that also sound kind of distorted and electronic.

Number 7 sounds like a storm.. I wonder what happens in the Cloud Colony during a storm? Heh.

Number 9 is strange, also storm effects, but it sounds like from under a cover, with wind blowing through.. I wonder what it could be?

I've been watching a lot of playthroughs of Broken Age on YouTube lately and I'm really excited to see part 2 now. Soooon.

Awesome. Thanks for the update guys. Much appreciated.

Act 1 really nailed so many small details in the game, quite a bit more then in the other kickstarters I have played and how it sounded was no exception from that. :)

As KestrelPi says, it sounds pretty dark in those clips, very interesting.

I want to play a game! Let's guess what each tidbit actually is (highlight below for my guesses):

1. Machines in a room? Perhaps an area on Shay's spaceship.

2. Sounds like burning. Either another room on Shay's spaceship or a volcanic SECRET PLACE where Mog Chothras fly free(eeeeee).

3. Ok so the volcanic SECRET PLACE exploDED and meteors are everywhere. Or space, but also meteors.

4. Dizzy alien (Shay) spaceship noise. Maybe the room wherever Alex was. Aliens either way.

5. Futuristic music aka the successor to dubstep.

6. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS IS BUT PEOPLE PROBABLY HAD TO TALK REALLY LOUD LIKE THIS TO HEAR EACH OTHER

7. Space probably.

8. Shellmound after 10 shots of Whisky.

9. Mog Chothra dinner table where Grand Mog is whispering some old story and Teenage Mog is chomping down its plate as fast as possible so it could go to its room and listen to Futuristic Music.

10. Futuristic Music, Pt. 2.

My apologies to Paul and Camden.

It's my hope that these will be the track titles in the OST.

Thanks for the update Camden. Exciting stuff! :D

#9 sounds confusing due to these uncommon pauses/resets of the wind.

Lots of spooky / ominous sounding atmosphere! Track 4 is all didgery-doolicious. ^_^

I will give you a hint on that one:

It's not wind.

;)

I assumed so due to that it's rather unnatural for wind and it wouldn't be in line with the rest of your/DF audio work too.

Hmm it sounds pneumatic nonetheless, might be a transport system, some stuff moving/flying/whirling around ... driving into the unknown at night by (mis)using a young pretty innocent female teenage tribble as your humble but only option for a tracking device, which you built in your inventory (v2) before by finding/obtaining and combining ...

It's not wind.

;)

It's farts, Mog Chothra is powered by farts confirmed

It's not wind.

;)

Now, I'm not saying you're right, but I will say this was very dangerous to record.

Let's just say it involved Paul O'Rourke, a stepladder, and the right timing.

It's not wind.

;)

Now, I'm not saying you're right, but I will say this was very dangerous to record.

Let's just say it involved Paul O'Rourke, a stepladder, and the right timing.

Aaaaaand this is the downside to having creative freedom. It also may have technically been wind...

Might be from a machinery hall as well, never heard such sounds when i was climbing, an avalanche sounds different too ... anyway i'm curious if i'll remember the sound and if it will feel different then.

If you take the time to then it's pretty insane how you can create and alter sounds these days, so many possibilities ... but at least in the end wind in form of a gaseous state medium will be involved in order to transport the signals to your ears, unless it's inside of you, your under water, suffering from tinnitus, ...

Which reminds me of

Thanks for this post. Really great work and sets a great mood.

These sounds will be nostalgic just like the ocean sounds in Cyan's original Myst game have a grip on my ears after all these years.

Sign in to follow this