Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrashFu

Explain Your Screen-Name

A lot of us have some pretty interesting handles, so I thought it would be a fun get-to-know-each-other exercise to share the origins of our screen-names!

I've been going by CrashFu for at least a decade now. It started when I was a teenager, playing the Tribes games (on dial-up, no less) which featured vehicles like one-man hoverjets and hovertanks, and my favorite thing to do was swoop those vehicles down and crash into people (mainly snipers standing on hillsides). Vehicular manslaughter essentially became my fighting style of choice, and thus the name.

Of course, it's served me well in a number of other vehicular combat games since then... and probably caused some apprehension in co-op games when I insist on driving a transport. :lol:

When I was in middle school, my brother wanted to make a Star Wars fan movie as a project for a class. I volunteered to write it for him and got as far as the evil Sith villain, Darth Alcore when he decided that he wanted to make a movie about lawnmowers instead. Later, I found out one of my friends would use the same username everywhere he went, including online games. So, since I liked the name enough, I started using it as my player name in every game I played as well as the DOTA precursor, Barbarian Invasion.

When I started hanging out more permanently on the internet, I started making accounts on websites and needed a name, so I tried to use it there as well, but the name "Alcore" was almost always chosen and I have a strong dislike for sticking numbers in my name. So, since I was taking Latin at the time, I tacked on "Mortis" (meaning "of death") to make it work (also since you think all death things are cool when you're fourteen... actually, I still kinda do) and pretty much use that exclusively ever since.

Of course, later, I found out that Alcor is the name of a star in this binary star system and is often known as the "Star of Death" in Japanese folklore. Or, Death Star. So... we end up right back at Star Wars.

Mine is easy. NPC written for a Drakar & Demoner campaign (Swedish role playing game based on Basic Role-Playing, and has nothing to do with Dungeons & Dragons despite the abbreviation similarity). It replaced an earlier name I used back in the mid nineties, and has stayed with me since when I needed to create a new Battle.net account some time between between StarCraft release and the StarCraft: Brood War release.

Middle name and first combined. It was original until someone else started using the same thing about 5 years ago and now there are two of us apparently out there.

I got pre-emptive revenge though. No one can ever have Johro on the PSN. I got that bug when the PSN was new, where it would fail mid sign-up and make the name unavailable. So no one can have it.

Mine is a somewhat well-known pair of similar-sounding and highly alliterative words. I like how certain words or phrases sound, and this is a fun one. So I went with it.

Everyone is always crying about how my name is too long, but those people should be thankful I decided not to include the word "enemy" in there according to the original plan.

Fawful is my favorite Mario villain. When I first got on the internet, I was on a big Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga kick. I used Fawful in every handle I've ever made online. When I joined the Telltale forums as SF, I already had an account on their previously that I abandoned because I wasn't very popular on there the first time I tried joining during the Bone/Sam and Max era, and I'm a very insecure person. So, because of my insecurities, having an unpopular account was a no-no, so I made a dupe as Secret Fawful. I added Secret because I love Spy Vs. Spy, and I wanted something similar to spy added onto the name. By all rights, I should have been permabanned day one as a dupe account, but I survived.

Had a slight obsession with the Song of Storms in middle school. The 214 has no significance to anything. I actually might've stolen it from a friend, and I don't think the numbers had any significance to him either.

Had a slight obsession with the Song of Storms in middle school. The 214 has no significance to anything. I actually might've stolen it from a friend, and I don't think the numbers had any significance to him either.

Had???

Pffft.

My user name is for a charictor for an rpg game that I want to make, and so I have also been using it for my user name.

Used to love Code Lyoko, am male, born in 1995

EDIT: Just remembered that was my old username. I use Geek95 because I am a geek who was born in 1995.

At my brother's funeral someone told an anecdote where I was called "his rebellious brother". My girlfriend back then combined my first name with Rebel, Hence Jel De Rebel.

in social circles I'm known SnelleJelle. "Snelle" means "fast" and is also East-Flemish dialect for "Handsome".

Sign in to follow this