Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Project Update 23: 12/20/14

Hello lovely backers of Broken Age wanted to pop on quick before the holidays to let you know how we rounded out the year and what the future holds! The big news is that the entirety of Act 2 hit Alpha a little over a week ago, and much of it is well on it’s way to beta! The game is playable from start to finish, including the big finale scene we’ve been working on for the past few months. All the professional VO has also been recorded and implemented in the game. With the size and complexity of Act 2, these are HUGE HUUUUUGE milestones!!

Not sure if you heard, but we also announced at the PlayStation Experience that the game is now going to be coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. Port work for these platforms began recently, and we’ve already got the game up and running on Vita with PS4 next on the list!

The team is now heading out for a much deserved break, but come 2015 will be hitting the ground running with a goal of getting the game to Beta in late February. Then it’s just polish polish polish til we get the game absolutely perfect and worth the 3 year wait. Hope is to launch on PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, iOS, Ouya, and Android next Spring as close to simultaneously as humanly possible.

As always, thanks for the patience and support. And have a Happy Holidays!!

Thanks, Greg. A much-deserved break, indeed. Hope you all have a good one. ^_^

Do have a nice break everyone :D! I've already gifted Broken Age to my friends as holiday presents. They've all finished the game in one sitting and loved the heck out of it. Looking forward to April!

Happy holidays and thanks for the awesome news!!!

I brought the PS4 after I heard about Grim Fandango's port. :)

Thanks for the update! Hope everybody has a wonderful end to 2014!

Next *Spring*?

Dammit, the last video mentioned a possible delay to January, now we have to wait even longer? ;_;

Oh well, I'm sure 2PP will help tide us over :) Right guys? Guys?

That's so great to hear! Thank you for all your hard work and have a lovely break!

I don't know if this question has already been answered, but will we be getting to play the beta like we did with act 1?

Ah, thanks for the update.

Too bad that a new docu episode didn't make it, but I'll live.

Happy holidays!

Sounds great. That's exactly what I came here to find out. When act 2 is out I can finally watch all the remaining episodes of the documentary and play the game as originally intended. I can't wait. Merry christmas!

The big news is that the entirety of Act 2 hit Alpha a little over a week ago, and much of it is well on it’s way to beta!

With this milestone and the big playstation news and the GF remake and DOTT remake, we should have an episode 18 soon right? This year we only got 4 full episodes, but at least a good amount of sidequests, but still that means we are due for another episode around the middle of January? That would be awesome if we could get a new episode before the new years, I would really appreciate it if someone from 2pp could field this. Also is there a reason that 2pp output has slowed done lately? Is it just a lack of content? I mean between the Comcept project, GF and DOTT remakes, Massive Chalice, probably another Amnesia Fortnight coming up, are you guys just really busy making a bunch of new content or whats up? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. Thanks, and keep up the great work DF and 2PP.

The big news is that the entirety of Act 2 hit Alpha a little over a week ago, and much of it is well on it’s way to beta!

With this milestone and the big playstation news and the GF remake and DOTT remake, we should have an episode 18 soon right? This year we only got 4 full episodes, but at least a good amount of sidequests, but still that means we are due for another episode around the middle of January? That would be awesome if we could get a new episode before the new years, I would really appreciate it if someone from 2pp could field this. Also is there a reason that 2pp output has slowed done lately? Is it just a lack of content? I mean between the Comcept project, GF and DOTT remakes, Massive Chalice, probably another Amnesia Fortnight coming up, are you guys just really busy making a bunch of new content or whats up? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. Thanks, and keep up the great work DF and 2PP.

In the other thread Greg said the next episode will be soon in January, and the one after that will be a smaller gap because most of the filming is already done for that one.

I honestly thought there was a chance this was going to be on my birthday presents. Even belated. Now the final big box product might not be till Spring? Well, as long as what they deliver is mindblowing and crazy and awesome when that big box arrives in the mail. One day.

I honestly thought there was a chance this was going to be on my birthday presents. Even belated. Now the final big box product might not be till Spring? Well, as long as what they deliver is mindblowing and crazy and awesome when that big box arrives in the mail. One day.

I wonder how soon the boxed versions will ship. If any of my other Kickstarter experiences end up being anything to go by, it could be over a month after release before they even hit the postal service.

haha... spring! ~4 months longer than making it by Christmas..

that's not a criticism, it's a relief... would have hated to see the game rushed by 4 months(!!!) just to make it as a candidate for an "adventure game of the year" award. Glad to hear it's getting all the time, content, writing, and polish that it needs :)

The team is now heading out for a much deserved break, but come 2015 will be hitting the ground running with a goal of getting the game to Beta in late February.

Will the beta be on Windows, OS X, and Linux? Or just Windows?

Sign in to follow this