Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Episode 18: Constipation and Defcon 4

A very pressing question - But does Tim have a tattoo on his right arm? If so, then of what?

I'm very proud to say that is a tattoo of a fairy. I believe one of the modern Disney ones--most likely Silvermist.

I got it from my regular tattoo artist, my daughter. She really knows how to make them last, sometimes for an entire week! :)

I had to google Silvermist, but I think I found a newer picture of your arm, Tim...

silvermist_disney_fairies_by_frufru_punk-d6kw9ye.jpg

silvermist_disney_fairies_by_frufru_punk

Excellent episode as always. But holy shit does my inner project manager cringe when looking at the development of this game from the outside...

You guys are doing a great job! Hopefully you should get a butt load of purchases from those who fear digital and want hard copies :D

I'm hoping there will be some physical pre-order perk at GameStop, as soon as I hear word of that I'm running down there with cash in hand.

Hoooraaaaaayyyyy!

We are all getting so familiar with the Double Finers and their office, dramas and hopes and dreams, that it sometimes feels like we work there, or at least have spent a lot of time at the Double Fine studio hanging out.

Man, I feel like I have missed all my friends at Double Fine.

Also: Ben Peck: "Are you getting this? This is good shit." Deadpan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

So funny. :-D

I just want to say I love Doublefine. Thanks for another great episode. Can't wait for the game, and I truly hope you keep going with 2 Player Productions in the future after Broken Age is finished. This has been one of my favorite shows, and I hope we will get more seasons in the future!

Yes -- this must be on the minds of a lot of backers. Having seen such a fantastic documentary series unfold, what is next for Two Player Productions? Will they carry on documenting events with the plucky Double Fine Fellowship of the Ring, or will they find another Notch to point their talented cameras and skills toward?

Will our tiny, precious window into the charmed world of Double Fine suddenly slam shut?

2 Player dudes -- don't keep us in the dark when you complete the last episode of this series. Let us know what the future holds!

This episode was intense. 2PP did a great job conveying the heavy feeling associated with the end of production. The mood has shifted significantly from way back when the project started. This is really the 'way the sausage gets made.' Sad for Isa leaving. Sad for those who had to be laid off last November. I hope when this begins wrapping up in the coming months, that the team can reflect on what the original goals of the kickstarter were, how close everyone came to meeting those goals, what the DFA/REDs project has meant for DF, what it has meant for the gaming world at large, and where does everyone go from here at the end of Broken Age development. Double Fine produces some mighty fine work. I am sure part 2 will be well worth the wait. :)

This episode was intense. 2PP did a great job conveying the heavy feeling associated with the end of production. The mood has shifted significantly from way back when the project started. This is really the 'way the sausage gets made.' Sad for Isa leaving. Sad for those who had to be laid off last November. I hope when this begins wrapping up in the coming months, that the team can reflect on what the original goals of the kickstarter were, how close everyone came to meeting those goals, what the DFA/REDs project has meant for DF, what it has meant for the gaming world at large, and where does everyone go from here at the end of Broken Age development. Double Fine produces some mighty fine work. I am sure part 2 will be well worth the wait. :)

I think a wrap-up episode a little while after release would be perfect.

Smiles

The mood has shifted significantly from way back when the project started. This is really the 'way the sausage gets made.'

Well put! *g*

I hope when this begins wrapping up in the coming months, that the team can reflect on what the original goals of the kickstarter were, how close everyone came to meeting those goals, what the DFA/REDs project has meant for DF, what it has meant for the gaming world at large, and where does everyone go from here at the end of Broken Age development.

I agree, a post mortem episode would be great. Even let the dust settle a bit and come back to the team after a while so they can have some perspective.

I can see it now... Fade transitions through still photos of all the staff members... white Arial text telling us what happened to them after the end of the show... John Melloncamp playing in the background... Probably DIEEE in a SMALL TOWWN...

I can see it now... Fade transitions through still photos of all the staff members... white Arial text telling us what happened to them after the end of the show... John Melloncamp playing in the background... Probably DIEEE in a SMALL TOWWN...

"Tim never wrote another game. He retired and founded the Bay Area Gallstone Museum."

Oh I really hope they do this. A loooooong post-mortem episode. I already know it'll break my heart to see it end. :/ I want DFA to go on and on and on.

I've watched all the episodes so many times that I feel like I'm part of the team. <3

Another great episode. But I have to admit that it really bugs me when people reference Defcon wrong. Defcon 4 would be mild, where Defcon 2 would be severe. Just saying. :P

Why do you assume Lee got it wrong? How do you know he meant severe and not mild? :)

Another great episode. But I have to admit that it really bugs me when people reference Defcon wrong. Defcon 4 would be mild, where Defcon 2 would be severe. Just saying. :P

Why do you assume Lee got it wrong? How do you know he meant severe and not mild? :)

My experience of software devolopment is that all emergencies are both severe and mild at the same time, at all times. :P It's a very rocky and enjoyable ride.

I think it has something to do with the look of terror and absolute dejection everyone has in their eyes in the latest episode.

Anyway, hope it's going well for you guys. Get in bed with Sony or everyone you can, after all, this project broke the script from the word go, when you decided to make it bigger than what the budget allowed for.

Had the scope been smaller as what the original plan was, there is obviously no doubt you would have made it on time, and the documentary proves that.

I'm so happy to see what happens behind the scenes, I always loved movie sfx magazines too. All the anger and butthurt from people who feel wronged when the scope expanded to make more game reminds me of the old adage I learned from photography, when showing proofs to the client, NEVER show the idiots the unfinished product.

This proves there is value to that. Hence HL3 coming out when it's damn well good and ready and the uber secrecy in most publishers.

Keep on shining double fine. I mentioned it over in the spacebase forum, but I saw JP is doing patreon after being laid off and he's going to be indie for a while. Good for him. Here's to more, better games. Thanks for the Devs Play series. Just watched the John Romero one and it's great!

nice episode.... Just bought Grim Fandango Remastered today so I am happy now in the world of adventures for a bit. Watching the making of vids it looks like a perfect update... especially love that you have done recorded commentary of the game as well.

Just posting again to express my love for these documentaries. Thanks so much for making them!

Sign in to follow this