• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
ctorretta

The Sackboy is a lie. Sackboy costume never coming out?

So is the Sackboy costume that was promised and heavily promoted during launch just not coming out at all? I haven't been able to get a response from DF at all in regards to what happened to it. I understand things can come up, but it seems incredibly lame to promote something heavily and then fail to deliver and refuse to comment on it.

I mean, it wasn't why I bought the game but it *was* why I bought the game on a Sony system.

I stopped playing halfway through because I don't expect to play it twice, but I really want to play with the Sackboy costume. So I've just been kind of waiting around, the game half completed, waiting for the special costume that was promised us *at launch*. :(

Just kind of a bummer, I love DF but the lack of any kind of response or communication around it is really putting a damper on my appreciation for them.

In the pc version, bonus costumes were available through Shady, not through collected pieces in game. Have you checked there? I don't have a PS4 to check.

I've not seen it at Shady's, and according to this article you actually do find it via collected pieces:

"Once Sackboy is made available, you won't be able to immediately equip the costume; you'll first need to collect four hidden pieces to put it together."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-and-ps3-getting-costume-quest-2-with-exclusive/1100-6423168/

DF is even advertising the Sackboy costume on its *front page* still!

This is news to me! What platform are you on?

I'm on PS4 and still waiting to scratch my sack itch in Costume Quest 2. Although I probably won't play it again until October now, heh.

I've learned that The Thing™ that was holding back the Euro release and sackboy update will soon be resolved. Your itch will be quelled!

Please explain in detail "the thing" that is holding up the Sackboy costume in the U.S. version of Costume Quest 2 for the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4? Do you have any confirmed or valid information (sources)(s) or release date that you can tell me, so I can finally be at peace? Sackboy now playable please! Thank You.

I've learned that The Thing™ that was holding back the Euro release and sackboy update will soon be resolved. Your itch will be quelled!

Please explain in detail "the thing" that is holding up the Sackboy costume in the U.S. version of Costume Quest 2 for the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4? Do you have any confirmed or valid information (sources)(s) or release date that you can tell me, so I can finally be at peace? Sackboy now playable please! Thank You.

We can't go into detail but we're still working on getting Sackboy released.

Um, I would guess that The Thing is the massive hacking that Sony underwent recently. Not sure what you want DF to do about that.

Midnight City (the publisher) also shut down, so anything related to Costume Quest 2 could have legal complications that need to be worked out.

Um, I would guess that The Thing is the massive hacking that Sony underwent recently. Not sure what you want DF to do about that.

How about making good on the Sackboy costume for those of us who bought the Sony Playstation version of the Costume Quest 2 game for that very same reason? Actually, Sony and Double Fine could intervene and keep us in the loop about the costume patch status. This conversation is probably the only live commentary about this matter that I have found on the internet that brings us closer to the truth. Sigh...sad sack...just so sad...

I doubt that would have anything to do with it. Sony Pictures was hacked, not SCEA. Two separate entities with two separate budgets, and two separate networks.

Hi all, we are still working to get this is out! And we should have an update for you soon!

Please WHEN will the Sackboy Costume release update for Costume Quest 2 be available since I bought the Playstation PS3 game way back on October 28th, 2014 (about 4 months ago)? Thank You... How much longer???

Hello. There's no estimated release date yet. When it's out, we'll mention it in this thread.

Hello. There's no estimated release date yet. When it's out, we'll mention it in this thread.

Ok, you true Sackboy fans. I did not get my notification as promised. However, I turned on my automatic PSN update and my PS3 version of Costume Quest 2 was updated to Version 1.01? After further investigation, I started playing the game and interacted with that green guy Shady. Shady has the Sackboy costume complete for sale for 5 pieces of candy! I quickly snatched that costume and started fighting as Sackboy!!! Oh yes, I can look at my little ones in the eye again, and show them that I kept my word about Sackboy being in the game as well as Double Fine Productions and Sony Entertainment keeping their word as well. Keeping your word and resolving this issue has renewed our faith in both companies. Thank you. No more Sad Sack after six long months!!! Sackboy costume is AWESOME!!!

Sorry about the lack of notification. I didn't realize exactly when it would be out until you mentioned it. Glad that you like the costume!

I got excited when I read the headline, thinking that Sackboy would be available for everyone (even PC). Hi ho.

I got excited when I read the headline, thinking that Sackboy would be available for everyone (even PC). Hi ho.

Sony wouldn't allow that.