Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club Survey (End of 2014 Edition)

What was your favourite Game Club Game of 2014? (explain why in a comment!)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favourite Game Club Game of 2014? (explain why in a comment!)

• Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat From Your Head To Your Feet (with Dave Grossman)
    • Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold (with Josh Mandel and Paavo Härkönen)
    • Lume & Aether (with Luke Whittaker)
    • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    • Broken Age, Act 1 (with Tim Schafer and Oliver Franzke)
    • The Book of Unwritten Tales (with Marco Rosenberg)
    • Spy Fox in “Dry Cereal” (with Brad Carlton and Sandy Spangler)
    • Kentucky Route Zero, Act III (with Tamaz Kemenczy and Jake Elliot)
    • Sam & Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die! (with Dave Grossman, Nick Herman, Emily Morganti and Daniel Harrera)
    • The Fall (with John Warner and Danielle Lovell)
    • The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief: Chapter 2
    • Toonstruck (with Keith Arem)
    • The Maker’s Eden, Act I (with Jaco Gerber, Delyth Angharad and Ben Burnes)
    • Sam & Max: Reality 2.0
    • Stranded (with Peter Moorhead)
    • Stacking (with Lee Petty and Chad Dawson)
    • Papo & Yo (with Rommel Romero)
    • The Journey Down Chapter 2 (with Theodor Waern, Henrik Englund and Mathias Johansson)
    • Jazzpunk
    • Maniac Mansion (with Ron Gilbert, Gary Winnick and David Fox)
    • A Vampyre Story (with Bill Tiller and Gene Mocsy)

G’day all

It's the end of another year! It's been fantastic to see Game Club grow and share and talk about some fantastic games with you all!

To get a better understanding for how people have enjoyed Game Club, and to get some thoughts about how we might approach 2015, we'd like to invite everybody to share their thoughts on what we've done so far and their ideas on where we could go moving forward.

A big thanks to everybody who joined us last year, and thanks especially to Greg, Chris, Justin, Syd, Permafry, Jenni and everybody else who has helped organise and run Game Club :D

A most extra big thank you to all the special guests who've joined us in 2014, including Dave Grossman, Josh Mandel, Paavo Härkönen, Luke Whittaker, Tim Schafer, Oliver Franzke, Marco Rosenberg, Brad Carlton, Sandy Spangler, Tamaz Kemenczy, Jake Elliot, Nick Herman, Emily Morganti, Daniel Harrera, John Warner, Danielle Lovell, Keith Arem, Jaco Gerber, Delyth Angharad, Ben Brunes, Peter Moorhead, Lee Petty, Chad Dawson, Rommel Romero, Theodor Waern, Henrik Englund, Mathias Johansson, Ron Gilbert, Gary Winnick, David Fox, Gene Mocsy and Bill Tiller (that's 32 guests in 52 weeks)!

I hope that everybody has had a wonderful end to 2014 and I look forward to being a part of Game Club with you all in 2015!

Don't forget to keep an eye on these resources:

- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)

- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)

- Game Club F.A.Q.

Thanks again to everyone for another great year! Hopefully 2015 will be even better!

My favourite we played in 2014 was definitely close this year between broken age part 1 and papo y yo. While I really REALLY enjoyed the time with Tim and the honor of getting to stream broken age part 1, I felt that i had the most fun this year getting to analyse the themes and ideas throughout papo y yo and discuss these thoughts with Rommel Romero.

I voted for BA Act 1 because I had such fun indirectly interacting with Tim on that one! My runner-up would be Toonstruck because I love the game and Keith Arem doesn't do much press so it was great to have him there for discussion.

I'm especially looking forward to Thomas Was Alone. It's tough for me to make these a lot of the time because they're on a Saturday night for me, but I'm going to try hard to make that one (and play the game beforehand as it's still on my backlog!).

Maniac Mansion .... cause well ... Thimbleweed Park is kinda getting the hipster in me.

Yayyyy

My top three in no particular order: Broken Age pt.1, Stacking, and Kentucky Route Zero.

Like last year I wasn't able to make most of these due to timezone issues (fell asleep half-way through Stacking's second session), but the ones I could were awesome! I definitely enjoyed the heck out of the DF interviews Cheese did (especially all of the "exclusive" behind-the-scene tidbits from those) and looking forward to whenever we could do more :D!

Brothers, Stacking, Broken Age, BoUT, The Fall in order, I'd say.

Brothers obviously because it is the best game, mostly for actually playing it rather than the DFGC side though. Stacking for the awesome dev interaction. Broken Age because it's the reason for it all. BoUT because dev interaction. The Fall because obvious development insight as well as developer interaction.

I took Toonstruck. But I really like AVS and Sam and Max Abe Lincoln Must Die.

My favorite was The Journey Down Chapter Two, followed by Maniac Mansion. A Vampyre Story was awesome too, especially the insight by Gene Mocsy (and eternally sorry for the start of the technical problems with that session on my end).