Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Seraph87

News on the German version of the game?

Since the game will be released soon, are there any news if the remastered version includes the German dub from the original version or will there only be subtitles or no dubs in other languages at all? It would be really great to get some info on this and I couldn't find anything about this.

Since the game will be released soon, are there any news if the remastered version includes the German dub from the original version or will there only be subtitles or no dubs in other languages at all? It would be really great to get some info on this and I couldn't find anything about this.

Malleys answered this on page 2 of the existing German dubs thread:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/14236

It'll include EFIGS + Brazilian Portuguese!

Can you confirm that you were able to work with the uncompressed audio from the localizations? Or did you have to use the compressed voice over from the actual game files?

As far as I have heard, the German version didn't keep the translated text inserts in the cutscenes ("Ein Jahr später") and is using the original ones ("One Year Later"). Is that true?

Okay, i am playing it in german right now, and i got the Gog Version.

And it felt pretty much just the same, like in the old days. I love the german voices, even as i was courious about the english ones, i still prefer the german really.

I tried in the "watch cutscenes again" menu if it's gonne be "Ein Jahr Später"

Seems to be "A Year Later".But beside that, the whole menu is nice translated.

But ain't that the only german text that was in the clips anyway?

I wouldn't mind if it would be "A Year Later" and wouldn't even had recognised it ^^

The Ingame subtitles are also pretty much the same like back than + the protokoll works very fine in german aswell.

If you played the game in english for a sec just to try it out, it is gonne be in the protokoll even in english.

I liked the Quality of the German voices very much! Fits as good into the whole (patched) remasterd version as the english one

in my mind and has in comparison the same quality.

With the little Glottis-Buddys on the mountain, i even like the german voices more, qualitywise.

But ain't that the only german text that was in the clips anyway?

Yes. In the game itself, these were the only localized texts in the cutscenes.

The old

(which I have discovered on an old rare demo CD) had many more translated inscriptions:

Sign in to follow this