Double Fine Action Forums

Yeah... well... It may sound like I hate Yoko when I rant about her, but I really don't. I think she's a great start to a character. It's just that almost the only character development she had was the whole teaching thing, and that wasn't a lot of characterization-- it didn't really give her much more of an apparent personality.

So instead of doing this stupid thing called sleeping, I watched a bunch of episodes of Persona 4 The Animation. It kicks all the asses! Yes, even that one! Seriously, even if you've never played the game go check it out.

We should resurrect this topic.

Anyone else here who likes Chi? It's about a kitten who loses it's mother and ends up with a small boy and his family, who actually isn't allowed a pet by their landlord, and it's mindbogglingly cute, and appeals to my inner 6year old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f3CrPoBPRU8

I've been giving myself an anime injection the past few days. One Piece (FUNimation dub, not the awful 4Kids dubs), Yu Yu Hakusho, and Fist of the North Star, I'm probably going to try to get back into FMA: Brotherhood soon too.

I've been reading new chapters of One Piece and Bleach online. I've been giving up on Bleach since the

Thousand Year War Arc

looks terrible and fortunately, it's not going to be part of the anime. One Piece has been getting better especially with the

Punk Hazard and the Dressrosa arcs.

HUGE NEWS! Cowboy Bebop creator Sinichiro Watanabe has announced that he is making a new scifi comedy series called Space Dandy! He describes it as "Mushroom Samba every week".

Hm, now if only we could get A Ballad of Fallen Angels every week.

I really need to watch all of Gurren Lagann. I watched some of it and forgot about it.

Also, the last week I watched all of Sword Art Online. Holy shit was the ending underwhelming. The first 14 episodes were pretty good and had some great ideas, but they shit the bed with episode 15-25 being nothing but stupid fucking filler about fairies. Skip the series unless you like the art and the premise.

Uuuuguguggggghghghghhg I can't like the ending to Puella Magi Madoka Magica but I can't dislike it either.

Madoka is one of my favorite animes (it's actually hard for me to think of any that I like more than it...) but something about the Rebellion movie just didn't click with me, like at all.

I'm going to assume that I'm far from the only person here who thinks Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is goddamn amazing.

If I am the only one, than that should be illegal.

I'm going to assume that I'm far from the only person here who thinks Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is goddamn amazing.

YES! It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, period! And the third story arc has so much bizarre shit in it! I fucking love it!

I just finished Deadman Wonderland and Attack on Titan recently. Both were entertaining to watch but the endings ....well...if you've watched them then....y'know...

I used to have the game for that on the Dreamcast. It was such a wacky fighter! I should check out the anime for it...never looked into it.

I like video game anime...I was disappointed Jedah wasn't in the darkstalkers ova's. I hope another street fighter anime comes out since SF got updated to Ultra...I wish I had 20 bux to update...grrrr....

I used to have the game for that on the Dreamcast. It was such a wacky fighter! I should check out the anime for it...never looked into it.

Well the anime only started in 2012. Before that it was a manga with one OVA based on the third story arc that the Capcom game was also based on. It's actually one of the longest running manga in Japan.

Okay, so I've watched a lot of anime and I've come to the conclusion that it isn't for me. Out of the dozens and dozens of films and series that I checked out there's only a select few that I liked and most were at best just kind of okay... ish.

Anyway, I found this one live action TV series that's probably worth checking out if you're into this kind of stuff -- Blue Blazes (Aoi Honō アオイホノオ).

Just a taste:

http://i.imgur.com/w8qSboO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H40ZVZU.jpg

https://33.media.tumblr.com/7e7ca5a49837102519460706b101f4f8/tumblr_nb1o0bX6kP1rzc38lo4_r1_400.gif

https://38.media.tumblr.com/b063a8645e5d01cc704f0d6a91500c62/tumblr_nb1o0bX6kP1rzc38lo1_r2_400.gif

I used to have the game for that on the Dreamcast. It was such a wacky fighter!

I believe I had that for the Dreamcast at one point, but never played it (my collection was stolen by a friend of my sister's, so there's a lot that I never got to experience, sadly). That's definitely one of the games that I want to play, since I've heard nothing but good things about it. Now that it's out on XBLA, I'll have to give it a go.

Has anyone ever played the PlayStation 2 version? I'm thinking about tracking that one down as well, since it's the only version that has the "Super Story Mode", and since I primarily play fighters for their stories (I'm probably the only person who does that), I'm interested in playing that if the story is good.

Sign in to follow this