Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pedgeth

Are we going to see an EU Playstation version of Grim?

Question as title, considering CQ is still nowhere to be seen.
I don't think this has ever been confirmed one way or the other, but seeing as Sony is the publisher of the console versions of Grim Fandango Remastered rather than Midnight City (a Majesco label) as was the case with Costume Quest 2, I think the chances of it coming over to Europe on PlayStation 4 and Vita are quite high.

apparently the US preorder page is live. The EU one is non-existant. I think this speaks volumes.

apparently the US preorder page is live. The EU one is non-existant. I think this speaks volumes.
Not really. It just means that the date is set for the US version, but it is not yet set for the EU region. As I said, Sony themselves are handling the console releases. It's very unlikely that they'd skip out on the European release on their own consoles of a game in which they have the exclusive console rights.

Like I said, considering we are STILL waiting for CQ2, I'll believe it when I see it.
It's not really fair to blame Double Fine for publisher problems, since that's out of their control. In both cases you mentioned, that was the problem. Iron Brigade's delay was due to Microsoft failing to foresee trademark problems and Costume Quest 2's non-appearance on PlayStation 4 in Europe is due to Midnight City having trouble with Sony Europe at the planned launch (and now they're just having problems in general).

Considering this is actually Sony that's handling the release, there is no need to worry about the Costume Quest 2 problems happening with Grim Fandango Remastered since Sony isn't going to have trouble dealing with themselves. ;)

Whoever is to blame for the controlling (and a few other) issues in The Cave and not fixing them, let's blame him/her/them (just a little bit, okay?!). It would be cool if DF could afford spending some resources on fixing (all the) existing stuff which is still kind of broken. Like Apple once did, more focusing on fixing existing issues instead of adding new stuff.

Whoever is to blame for the controlling (and a few other) issues in The Cave and not fixing them, let's blame him/her/them (just a little bit, okay?!). It would be cool if DF could afford spending some resources on fixing (all the) existing stuff which is still kind of broken. Like Apple once did, more focusing on fixing existing issues instead of adding new stuff.
Yeah, Double Fine's not perfect. I never said they were absolved from all blame, just that it's not fair to blame them for publisher problems because that is out of their control.

Let's not turn this topic into yet another topic where people talk about all the problems with Double Fine games though. Lets just stick to talking about Double Fine's games getting published in Europe, since that's the topic at hand.

Yep, we'll sim-ship in Europe on the 27th. Not sure if there will be a pre-order period or not.
Will Europeans be able to get the PS4 theme?

Here's hoping we get the dynamic theme in Europe too. How much will the game be over here? If it's $14.99 in the US I presume that'd be around the £11.99 price mark?

I asked Sony Customer support about the release of Grim in the German PlayStation Store and I just got a quite disconcerting EMail back from them. Their answer was this:

Unfortunately we're unable to tell you if Grim Fandango Remastered will be added to the German version of the PlayStation Store. Due to licence terms we're insecure if it will be released. Furthermore it could become indexed so it won't be available. Please check the official PlayStation blog or the communities.

Does anyone have a clue what might be blocking a release in Germany? The "indexing" he's talking about is very very unlikely because the game has been on sale here previously and doesn't have an age rating.

I'm a little concerned that I won't get to play this on my TV now. I already bought it from GoG but this would suck big time.

I'd be very surprised if they failed to release the game on a platform in one of its most popular markets, after going to the trouble of including the translations. I feel like this might be a stock reply to this sort of query.

Well I've just noticed I have a spare £12.80 in my wallet, so if EU PSN actually gets its act together, it will go towards DoubleFine for Grim Fandango, a free double dip!

Yep, we'll sim-ship in Europe on the 27th. Not sure if there will be a pre-order period or not.

Well so much for that.

Got it this morning from PSN UK for £11.99! It looks awesome! Well done guys, I might double dip and buy the PC version too. :D

Sign in to follow this