Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lolholm

Dare I ask... AF2015?

I followed AF2012 and AF2014 and they are some of my favorite things to watch during the year. I can't help myself. I must ask. And I know I am asking early, buuut... is AF back in 2015?

There's clrealy alot going on at DF already (so many idea's from AF turn into fully fledged projects), so it may not be feasable due to the project backlog alone. Still. It would be really exciting. :-)

AF 2015 will happen if Tim can fit it in, I bet. They were forced to lay off a slew of staff though, so there's less people to participate, and in all probability they would not be able to supplement as much of the money it blows through to take the entire company staff off present projects for two weeks through the Humble Bundle solution as they have managed before.

I really want to know the answer to this also. I am finishing up a viewing of 2012 right now. I never got to watch these as they happened, and I would love a chance to participate a little in the hubbub around AF. I would love a chance to see the pitches fresh as opposed to already knowing who was selected. Also, it would be cool if there could be another guest pitch again.

I really enjoyed the last two so I hope there is another. But I worry that if they try to fund it with donations oncemore they might not get enough.

Yeah, it might be best to wait until 2016, both to get the company better situated financially and to gain some of the goodwill of the fans back that was lost last year (the final release of Massive Chalice and Broken Age Act 2 will help a lot towards that, plus the fact that Grim Fandango Remastered turned out to be quite good will help as well).

The last two Amnesia Fortnight sessions were released two years apart, so if Double Fine does want to continue on with them, every other year sounds good to me.

I'll also be happy to work on another fan project again too if the team decides to let a community project be a part of the next one. :)

The last two Amnesia Fortnight sessions were released two years apart...

Yes, they were technically 2012 and 2014, but 2012 happened in December, and 2014 happened in February, so they were only a little over a year apart.

This is the right time of year for them to do something if they are. I really hope they are. I think the 2pp videos are one of the best things that have happened to dreamy future game developers in years. Love this stuff.

Not sure! We're always talking about when it could fall, but for now trying to stay focused on Broken Age and MASSIVE CHALICE!

Yeah, I suspect if it is going to happen, it will after MC and Broken Age are released. Hope to see another!

Smiles

Hope there will be one after the releases of BA part 2 and MC.

As they seem to be released at roughly the same time, a few months from now,

there could be a good timeframe for an AF2015.

We shall see, right now this is all still balls up in the air. :)

But for the record, I loved the documentary for AF2012, and I was live at the streams for AF2014 (STEEEEEEEEEEED!)

For me the streams and documentaries are more important than the prototypes themselves,

which means 2PP are doing a ridiculously awesome job. :D

Sign in to follow this