Sign in to follow this  
liquidsnakehpks

Minimum System Requirements are extremely high :(

i still think a lot of people got left out due to the steep requirements , i hope this is not repeated in other remakes they plan to do , the first focus should always be making sure that most people who might have played the older version at least have a chance of running it , not put in walls such as open gl 3.3 and higher only .
The other remakes will be 2D (as they'll be based on the SPUTM engine that runs the SCUMM scripting language, so it's unlikely that the requirements will be as high (unless they use some 3D features like the Monkey Island special edition did for effects, but it's unlikely even then it would require as high of a requirement, since it will probably be closer to the Monkey Island Special Editions since they're looking into using their new version of the engine as a base).

phew happy to hear that i was able to play monkey island special editions fine even on my old Pentium 4 pc with intel 865 graphics

i have got grim fandango remastered on gog just will have to wait till i get a better hardware or someone figures out how to boot the game directly into the classic mode....

Why integrated graphic cards etc are not generally advertised that much is because they are really crap compared to dedicated graphic cards and sound cards.

Integrated products are not meant for things like modern gaming, although they can run a very old games like Doom very well.

If you pick a laptop because it saves space on your desk, I would advice against that if you want to play some more recent titles.

New Intel GPUs are much better these days. Not on par with Nvidia and AMD, but enough for middle/low settings of many games.

Why integrated graphic cards etc are not generally advertised that much is because they are really crap compared to dedicated graphic cards and sound cards.

Integrated products are not meant for things like modern gaming, although they can run a very old games like Doom very well.

If you pick a laptop because it saves space on your desk, I would advice against that if you want to play some more recent titles.

It certainly depends what times of games you play. I picked up a laptop that allowed me to swap in additional components, and it is a decent enough laptop for dual work and play:

i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70 GHz

Intel hd graphics 4000 w/ NVS 5200M

It runs the types of games I want to play -- Civ 5, EU 4, Cities Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Skyrim, and an assortment of other relatively recent games. But if you want to GTA 5, Dragon Age, the new Wolfenstein, or other more intensive games, you are better off with a desktop or a gaming laptop specifically.

Smiles

It certainly depends what times of games you play. I picked up a laptop that allowed me to swap in additional components, and it is a decent enough laptop for dual work and play:

i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70 GHz

Intel hd graphics 4000 w/ NVS 5200M

It runs the types of games I want to play -- Civ 5, EU 4, Cities Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Skyrim, and an assortment of other relatively recent games. But if you want to GTA 5, Dragon Age, the new Wolfenstein, or other more intensive games, you are better off with a desktop or a gaming laptop specifically.

Smiles

anyone buying a decent laptop these days should meet the requirements for a while , its those of us stuck with the intel hd 3000 who have to face the music as intel did not provide that update to opengl 3.3 while the linux driver has that support

I have provided a solution to the problem below:

too_damn_high.jpg

See by blog post: Grim Fandango Remastered - LLVMPipe software rendering!

One just needs to copy register.sav in Saves folder and opengl32.dll near to GrimFandango.exe.

Having a software OpenGL requires a bit of CPU power. On my Lenovo X201 with an Intel i5 at 2.4Ghz game was working fine.

Thanks a lot , i knew my faith in the modders rather than double fine fixing this oversight was well worth the wait .