Sign in to follow this  
Asirrelle

What do all the stats mean?

Correct me if i'm wrong!

Strength = attack damage for Caberjacks

Dexterity = attack damage for Hunters

Intelligence = attack damage for Alchemists

Intuition = ???

Resistance = you take less damage... from something?? Rupture pools? Possibly..

Speed = amount of spaces your character can move, but not. for example if speed is 4 that doesn't mean their movement is 4, so their movement is... ?

Armor = resistance to physical damage

Hp = health

Accuracy = chance to hit (annoyingly can go above 100%, meaning even people that character isn't aiming for get hit :P)

Sight = area of vision

STR= melee damage, physical damage resistance, HP buff

DEX= accuracy, dodge projectile chance, dodge melee chance (cause a glancing blow)

INT= special ability damage (flasks ect), magic damage resistance (rutures, lapses)

Intuition= the amout of reasurch the hero can do if he become a sagewrite

Resistance= passive magic damage resistance, (lapses, ruptures) decided partialy by class, partially by Armour (ie. reactive armour has super high resistance) and by class

Speed= the move spaces per action point so a move of 4 should be able to move 8 if you use both actions

Armor= physical damage resistance (decided by armour type, Str stat and class)

so an alchemist with the brainy trait will deal more damage with flasks, and an alchemist with bear strength will be more tanky and deal more melee damage

alchemists naturaly take less damage from rupturs and lapses becuase of there int

caberjacks naturaly tank lots of physical damage due to high str (but a brainy caber will also tank magic attack pretty well)

hunters dodge ranged attacks alot becuase of their dex. they almost never hit seeds though becuase seeds have tons of dex and so can dodge ranged attacks really easily

If I'm not mistaken, movement is somewhat complicated by diagonal steps as well. The first diagonal step costs 1 movement, the second costs 2, the third 1, etc..

So a hero with a speed of 3 could sprint (use two movement actions simultaneously) straight 6 spaces, or diagonally 4.

If I'm not mistaken, movement is somewhat complicated by diagonal steps as well. The first diagonal step costs 1 movement, the second costs 2, the third 1, etc..

So a hero with a speed of 3 could sprint (use two movement actions simultaneously) straight 6 spaces, or diagonally 4.

Pretty sure a diagonal move "costs" 1.5 speed.

This seems as good a place as any to ask this:

In the late game, I tend to get a lot -- a lot -- of glancing blows (or just straight misses, with bows), particularly with my relics. Is there any kind of "hero level must be this close to relic level or higher in order to use relic effectively" thing going on?

Also -- what exactly is required in order to generate a relic? Career kills? A certain number of kills in one battle? Random chance?

In the late game, I tend to get a lot -- a lot -- of glancing blows (or just straight misses, with bows), particularly with my relics. Is there any kind of "hero level must be this close to relic level or higher in order to use relic effectively" thing going on?

Advanced Cadence can have some pretty crazy evade numbers (Advanced Lapses in particular), but your actual accuracy should still reflect the predictions getting displayed. Unless your heroes are Optimistic, of course.

As for relic creation, it's based off of the unit's lifetime kills. If you never give him a relic or Cadence weapon, earning a nickname generally signifies that he'll create a relic.

Couple of possible causes for your experience:

1. You managed to get some Nervous into your bloodline so now your heroes have decreases accuracy.

2. Some advanced enemies have increased evasion causing you to feel any lowered accuracy more.

3. Availability bias: you've become very attentive to any glancing blow delivered. It's like "have you notice all the BLUE cars on the road?" Then a day later after paying special attention you're like "damn, there really ARE a lot of blue cars out there". May have been triggered by a very bad run of bad luck.

As far as I know relics do not require anything special to "work properly".

Sign in to follow this