Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: Violett

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Violett (starting 14th of January)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don't like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don't have the game or don't feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: A Vampyre Story

Next Game: Grim Fandango Remastered

3o50Vh2.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS

- 24th January, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session and general discussion (log)

- 31st January, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session and general discussion (log)

ABOUT THE GAME

Dragged by her parents, a young and rebellious teenage girl – Violett, moves to an old spooky house in the middle of nowhere. Forced away from her friends and life in the city; she imagines how boring life in countryside will be: spending day after day, bored in her room with absolutely nothing to do. But what she cannot imagine, is that in just few moments, she'll have the adventure of her life.

WHERE TO GET ONLINE

- Steam (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)

- Desura (Linux, Mac OS, Windows, DRM Free)

GAME CLUB INFO

- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)

- Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you're not sure)

- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)

- Game Club planning thread

- Game Club F.A.Q.

Edited by Cheeseness
Fixed URLs after forum upgrade

I got too frustrated with Violett when I tried to play it myself a while back, but I'm looking forward to seeing someone else play through it. It has a very charming style.

The chat log from today's session is up in the first post. Thanks to everybody who joined us today, and apologies for getting stuck so long on that drawer puzzle in the stream :D .

The chat log from today's session is now up in the first post. Thanks to everybody who joined.

Next week, we'll be making a start on Grim Fandango Remastered, and should have some exciting guests join us across the month.

In the meantime though, what did everybody think of Violett?

I enjoyed playing it. The art style is great, the music is fantastic, and the puzzles are challenging, but the disconnect between locations, lack of story presence, and prominence of puzzles without feedback (obtuse door maze puzzles \o/ ) feel like the make it harder to appreciate and might put some people off.