Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Poplion

Is the GoG-Trailer "Black Stripes"-Solution in the Game?

I am talking about that Peter Chan Artwork on the left and the right.

And if it isn't - why not? xD (it should! ^^)

And just to add one thing, because of the GoG Screenshots!

The Icons, like the inventory icon and the pause icon ... ( even the bone-thumb-up icon i allready starting to love ^^)

Why not putting it on those Peter Chan Artwork on the sides?

I also did't liked that Commentary Icon that we could see in the playstation event with Tim. ^^ (besides i am looking forward hearing the commentaries ^^ )

I guess the Problem right now is that there so early was first screenshots, that it is hard to tell what is gonne be how in the final remastered version.

But as there still a few days left, i thought i might ask right now ^^

Yeah, the mural (the artwork in place of the black borders) has been confirmed to be in the remastered version. Since some screenshots have it and some don't, it will most likely be able to be turned off (same with the cutscene, inventory, and other icons most likely, since not all screenshots show those either).

Those are nice, but I hope there'll be an option to turn them off. They make the world feel a little more cramped to me. After a few minutes of playing perhaps they'll be as invisible to me as the black bars, but my immediate thought is that black bars are as extraneous as the monitor frame and the real world around it, whereas these are a part of the piece and confine the suggestion of off-screen space...

Those are nice, but I hope there'll be an option to turn them off. They make the world feel a little more cramped to me. After a few minutes of playing perhaps they'll be as invisible to me as the black bars, but my immediate thought is that black bars are as extraneous as the monitor frame and the real world around it, whereas these are a part of the piece and confine the suggestion of off-screen space...

I believe it's already been mentioned somewhere or other that there'll be options for this, but I may be wrong. Personally I like borders when tastefully done, and subtle. Not so good when they're distracting.

I think that some monitors (but maybe not current/modern LCD ones) also may have an issue with static images displayed for a long time (screen burn in). Other than that I wouldn't mind black or some pattern to fill the edges.

I think that some monitors (but maybe not current/modern LCD ones) also may have an issue with static images displayed for a long time (screen burn in). Other than that I wouldn't mind black or some pattern to fill the edges.

Oh yeah, this is another good point - I play games on my plasma tv, so this is an issue (though I suppose you could say that about any constant UI).

Sign in to follow this