Sign in to follow this  
CaptainNemo

Milla's Nightmares (Spoilers...Kinda)

Now I'm a big Milla fan-boy, mind you, so I was surprised to learn something new about her mind; there's a DOOR in the cage of flames that contain her Nightmares. Was this a remnant of back during development when the Nightmare fights took place in her mind? Or has anyone found a way in?

ooohhh, there's a door in the cage? REALLY!?!? o3o ... man once I find that dang room I'm gonna look for it and see if I can mess with it or something~ I'd love to get even closer to those gorgeous beasties~ <3

.. also, I wanna try using clairvoyance one one. That's be interesting to see o.O

That room in conjunction with her memories made me feel or Milla. This game rocks too damn hard.

I saw the door too, and tried getting in, but yah, no way in, at least, I'm pretty sure. It may have just been there for something else earlier, but mabey it's just for looks.

You all have to be joking me... NONE of you have been in there?! Go in there! It's full of dead children!Nightmares telling Milla to save them! Hurrah! Such fun!

Yeah, it's pretty creepy, if not just for the fact that the purpose and/or reason for that room is a mystery.

Well, thanks for ruining it, in any case. :P

You're welcome XP But theres more to it then what I said :P

It amused me how people would look at the game's art and asume it to be a "kiddy" game. I hate the use of the word kiddy too. It just bugs me.

Funny, the game looks cartoony but has some very dark and depressing themes in it. Burning children.Tormented childhoods. Mother's suddenly dying. A somewhat violent looking final level. Tacky lamps....

I heard a rumor that the nightmares used to be the bosses in Milla's mind...maybe that's what the door was for?

I heard a rumor that the nightmares used to be the bosses in Milla's mind...maybe that's what the door was for?
Gwuaaahhh, I would've LOVED for there to be more than two Nightmares to fight ;_; They're just too sexy to only have three real appearences dangit X3

I am happy to say I found Milla's Nightmare on my first playthrough. I tend to refer to it as "The Creepy Room", since that's basically what it is. Creepy. I think it's the raspy voices that make it creepy. And if you've seen the memory and know what they are, then it's just extra creepy.

The nightmare creatures kind of remind me of the tiny shadow monsters in Kingdom Hearts... only they're bigger and not wusses.

I was actually expecting to have to defeat nightmares on a regular basis. I was surprised when that didn't happen.

Oh man I love that room and the creepy nightmare. It added a great touch of her character. I love her the first time I saw her, but I love her even more when I went in that room.

Everytime when somebody was doubting that Psychonauts was a good game, I just mention the room and her nightmares. Its small spolier but it usually intrested them...yeah thats a weird why of encouraging people to play the game :P

I love the design and creepy children voices are sooo cool...now I want to draw it, dang.

I found that room to be incredibly disturbing, especially after the memory box. I showed my friend thememory and then the room to prove to her that the game isn't kiddy. Now she doesn't think that anymore.

Seriously? What that memory was about in a CHILDRENS game? Yah, right.

Yeah, it was especially shocking because you are going along through a peppy roller disco and then BAM! you're hit with that downer. Wowwie.