Sign in to follow this  
ArcadiaExeter

Trading Creepy Treat Cards

I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread like this so...

I want to collect all the Creepy Treat Combat cards but i dont want to keep buying boosters and end up with a pile of doubles (i already have a pile going). So is there anyone out there that wants to trade?

I bought only four booster packs (seemed like enough for a 1 on 1 battle with one of my kids), so I have some duplicates, but none of any starred cards. Here's the duplicates I have (2 of each):

Snickets (2)

Tongue Punchers (8) Opponent plays a card

Goozers (5)

Splortz (5) If the next card you play would make you puke, discard it and play another

Sugar Uncles (6)

Rice Creepies (5) Peek at opponent's top card - you may discard it

Smoochies (1)

Suck 'Ems (7) Opponent plays a card

Flippity Flaps (6) If you hit 17 or more this turn, it counts as hitting 13 exactly

Toffee Taffy (6)

PM me if you are interested.

unfortunately i have all of those. do you know if there is anywhere online with a complete list of all the cards?

I made a simple spread sheet of all the cards I know of (based of the 30 unique cards I have plus the few in the video and on the DF shopping page):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eW2XmbrEeajFyUalCSQlhkiXzxArzWdQALMBOYCpz_I/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: I added all of the other card names, leaving question marks for unknown values (except for Fun Size King Size Bar, which has a ? for its value)

I made a simple spread sheet of all the cards I know of (based of the 30 unique cards I have plus the few in the video and on the DF shopping page):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eW2XmbrEeajFyUalCSQlhkiXzxArzWdQALMBOYCpz_I/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: I added all of the other card names, leaving question marks for unknown values (except for Fun Size King Size Bar, which has a ? for its value)

I can fill in everything but Peepers:

- card name; point value; rarity; special ability

- Cherry Klots; 7; rare; Players puke with 4 or more in-play cards

- Cthulhu Chews; 5; rare; Discard an opponent's face-up card

- Dippin' Stix; 6; rare; Peek at your top 3 cards—Play 1 and discard 2

- Fling-a-lings; 4; rare; If the card you play would make you puke, discard it and play another

- Morons; 7; rare; Players can't turn sideways with fewer than 10 points

- Mystery Lumps; 5; rare; Players puke with 4 or more in-play cards

- Nubbins; 0; rare;

- Pampla-Moose; 4; rare; Cards less than 4 count as 4

- Tin Foil Chews; 5; rare; Ignore all face-up card abilities except this one

- Tongue Ties; 8; rare; Put another face-up card on top of it's owner's deck

Trivia:

- "its" is misspelled on both "Tongue Ties" and "Pumpkin Slough"

- It seems that "Jumping Beans" is the only card that has an ability ending in a period.

- As far as rarities go (Speculation on my part; sample size 20 boosters):

---> "Peepers" and "Peanut Butter Bomb" are among the rarest of the rares

---> "Licky Plops", "Moldy Mounds", and "Schafer's Wafers" appear to be among the most common of the rares

-------> You also have a good chance of getting "Fun Size King Size Bar", "Happy Heads", "Sour Dumps", or "Sugar Droppings"

---> "Headless Horsemints" and "Jelly Beaks" appear to be among the rarest of the commons

---> "Snickets", "Splorts", and "Suck 'Ems" appear to be among the most common of the commons

-------> You also have a good chance of getting "Bone-Bones", "Tongue Punchers", "Sugar Uncles", or "Toffee Taffy"

Thanks for the info. Those are some fun special abilities! I just updated the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the info. Those are some fun special abilities! I just updated the spreadsheet.

I'm probably just being pedantic, but there are a couple small things you should fix in your spreadsheet:

- Cthulu Chews is plural

- Pampla-Moose is singular

Has it been established anywhere what the maximum number of players is? The video only shows 2, and the instructions (As well as some of the cards) seem to be written assuming there are only two players, but after reading the instructions several times, I don't see why it couldn't work with 3 or 4.

I would also propose an optional Quick Finish/Picky Eater rule where you don't reshuffle/eat your puke pile when you exhaust your deck. This might be a good rule to implement if people decide to play with decks riddled with duplicates.

I only bought 4 packs (enough for me to play one of my sons 1-on-1) and reshuffling is definitely required in decks that small. I could definitely see playing this as a no reshuffle if each player had at least 35-40 cards. 3+ players could be fun, too, I imagine.

So I just played two 3-player games with a couple of my coworkers--first time for all of us. Based on those games, I have a few playtesting notes, and proposed additional instructions for adapting the game to more than 2 players. These games were played with three 31-card decks, two of which were entirely unique (Per one of the rules), and the third was a 21-card deck padded to 31 with dupes (Mistakenly used this one instead of the fourth deck I had prepared; 27-card, also padded to 31). We did not reshuffle puke piles (I mean, really, that's disgusting). Each game took between 25 and 30 minutes to play.

- Any number of players: When playing cards like "Pumpkin Slough", which has the ability "Put another face-up card on top of it's [sic] owner's deck", this applies to an opponent's discard pile as well, but only the top card--you may not dig through an opponent's discard pile to utilize this type of ability.

- Any number of players: The order in which abilities on first-draw cards are played is determined by group consensus. If consensus cannot be reached, determine which player can play his or her ability first via feats of strength. (Or roll a die if you have one handy.)

- In 3+ player games, when playing cards like "Suck 'Ems", which has the ability "Opponent plays a card", you only choose one opponent the ability applies to.

- Regarding ties in 3+ player games:

---> If a player who is not part of the tie has a lower point total (Example: Player 1 draws a 5, and players 2 and 3 draw 7s), that player may play his or her turn normally (Draw or tap).

---> When it would be the tied players' turns, all tied players must turn their cards sideways[1], even if it would make them puke. Remaining players may continue to finish the hand. (Example: The player who had 5 drew cards until he/she had 8 or more points. The two players with 7s would turn their cards sideways, and the third player would win the hand.)

---> If a player has a card with an ability that can manipulate in-play cards, such as "Opponent plays a card", he/she could play one of these strategies:

-----> Try to keep a tied player in the hand by attempting to force one of the tied players over 13 points; or

-----> Try to prevent one of the non-tied players from winning the hand by attempting to force that player over 13 points.

- In 3+ player games, just like 2-player games, the game is over the moment that a player cannot draw a card.[2]

[1] I find that forcing tied players to tap their cards has less of a chance of making any of the tied players puke than, say, forcing all tied players to draw. Unfortunately, either way, it feels like the players who aren't stuck in the tie are favored. -- Edit: On reflection, turning your cards sideways is part of the original 2-player rules.

[2] The instructions don't say what to do if there's an end-game point tie, but I'll again suggest feats of strength.

Question: I can't really think of a way to apply the last-hurrah-type end-game scoring used in the two-player rules, so how should it work in 3+ player games? Should:

1) all players score all of their in-play cards; EDIT: This seems to be the best way to do it; the moment a player cannot draw a card, game over, and all players score their in-play cards.

2) only the player with the most points in-play, a la the two-player rules;

3) all in-play and sideways cards are discarded--only the score pile is scored;

4) all players only score sideways cards;

5) all players only score in-play cards;

or what?

I don't know of any complete list of card with their values. I would guess someone at Double Fine would know (esp. Matt, who is in the video explaining how to play). They finally put up a basic play rules on the website:

http://creepytreatcombat.com/CreepyTreatCombat.pdf

Matt's not at Double Fine anymore, unfortunately. A casualty of the canceled publisher project last December.

I don't know of any complete list of card with their values. I would guess someone at Double Fine would know (esp. Matt, who is in the video explaining how to play). They finally put up a basic play rules on the website:

http://creepytreatcombat.com/CreepyTreatCombat.pdf

Matt's not at Double Fine anymore, unfortunately. A casualty of the canceled publisher project last December.

Aside from demonstrating the game on video, what was Matt's role with Creepy Treats Combat? Was he instrumental in the game's development? Who else was involved?

From the conversation I had with him, it sounds like he either invented it or was pretty instrumental:

I hope there are future plans for CTC; it's a unique product for DF, and I'd hate to see it stagnate.

I ordered more cards from the DF store (Which of course redirects to Fangamer), and left a double haiku (Sadly, I don't remember what I typed), kindly asking for Peanut Butter Bomb and Peepers, as they would complete my collection. I opened my package this afternoon, and lo and behold:

uc?export=view&id=0Bx182SAARjAUTThlQlFobEN5VWs

PB Bomb has some light damage from the pin (I assume, anyway; the cards were packed in the pictured bag), but I really appreciate Fangamer doing this for me. If anyone from Fangamer is reading this, thank you!

Edit: And one of the packs had both cards as well! If anyone's interested, they were in the 26th booster I opened, so I maintain that they seem to be the rarest.

If you were trying to post an image, it didn't. What's the stats on Peepers?

Image fixed! It's not easy to embed images hosted on Google. :<

- Peepers; 1; rare; Peek at your top card

From the conversation I had with him, it sounds like he either invented it or was pretty instrumental:

You're right! Matt designed the card game on his own as a side project to help promote CQ2. He also playtested it with a bunch of DFers. Lots of puking! Raz Mavlian came up with the look of the cards.

Probably a little late to publish a set for this year and the only cards I would guess they would do is cards from CQ1 given there wasn't a DLC mission for CQ2...

Probably a little late to publish a set for this year and the only cards I would guess they would do is cards from CQ1 given there wasn't a DLC mission for CQ2...

I believe there were also candies mentioned in CQ2, as well as Invasion of the Candy Snatchers, that they could pull from; I don't think they need to limit themselves to only the cards that appeared in the games.

Ideas for Creepy Treats cards themed after The Prisoner:

Chewy McGoohans: Little gummy Patrick McGoohans, in his getup as Number Six.

Sour Rover Gum: I imagined this as a kid trapped in a giant gum bubble, a la Rover. (Probably needs a better name.)