Sign in to follow this  
EricMahler

The Right Way!

I got the "The Right Way" achievement!

Anybody else gonna make their way through this way, just for old times sake?

(I've tried the new joystick controls as well and I think I prefer them to tank controls, sorry Tim)

UcNJcKP.jpg

Haha, cool! I think I'm gonna go for this achievement as well, I actually liked those old tank controls. They only let me down around elevators, but I hope that bug's fixed now.

I'll try the new controls when I play the remastered version a second time. Just great that Grim's back!!

I played on PC and I couldn't get this achievement because I moved my mouse a couple of times by accident when I was playing. I didn't click, but I think the mouse movements ruined my achievement.

Hi!

Sorry you missed out on the achievement. Mouse movement shouldn't have an effect on it. Do you recall if you enabled tank controls when you started a new game in Manny's office?

Hi!

Sorry you missed out on the achievement. Mouse movement shouldn't have an effect on it. Do you recall if you enabled tank controls when you started a new game in Manny's office?

EDIT- OK I just found out that we have to select Tank at the movement menu.

Hi!

I just realized that forgot to enable it at first... I played a little bit with the camera option, that's why I didn't get the achievement in the end. I'm gonna try again (I love this game, so it's not a problem haha). Do I have to enable tank controls every time that I start a new game?

I'm glad to know that mouse movement is not a problem. I was so paranoid that I unplugged my mouse hahaha Thank you :)

I just realized that forgot to enable it at first... I played a little bit with the camera option, that's why I didn't get the achievement in the end. I'm gonna try again (I love this game, so it's not a problem haha). Do I have to enable tank controls every time that I start a new game?

I think you just need to start a new game, as soon as you get control go into the pause menu and enable tank controls, then (still in the pause menu) start a new game. When you do, you'll have tank controls enabled already.

Sorry tank control fans, but I just can't bring myself to do it. The new mouse controls are just too good. When you get Manny in those tight spaces where he keeps bouncing off invisible walls and running around in circles, remember that I'm happily clicking my way through the game with magnificent grace.

Sorry tank control fans, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I'm not a fan of tank controls, I'm a fan of achievements. I just want to complete the achievement and then play with the new and magnificent point and click. I'm sure I'm gonna love it too.

Really though, I was amazed at the change of defaults. IIRC, the tank controls were default in the original. I can see camera-relative making sense on PS4, where you have an actual stick, but for arrow-keys it's horrible.

And yes, I really prefer playing with tank controls, using the arrow keys (especially for lack of a numpad). Never really see what the fuzz was about with those. (I mean, the game is still one-hand playable with those, even without a numpad, since all you need is, i, enter, and arrow-keys to complete the game).

Really though, I was amazed at the change of defaults. IIRC, the tank controls were default in the original. I can see camera-relative making sense on PS4, where you have an actual stick, but for arrow-keys it's horrible.

And yes, I really prefer playing with tank controls, using the arrow keys (especially for lack of a numpad). Never really see what the fuzz was about with those. (I mean, the game is still one-hand playable with those, even without a numpad, since all you need is, i, enter, and arrow-keys to complete the game).

Hey somaen!

Yes, I'd agree with you. I'm using a controller for the first time and the camera-relative controls work wonders... but they suck with the keypad. Whereas tank controls still work well with the keypad.

I'm also going to try for this achievement (I actually like the immersion the tank controls give..)

Suggestion - could we get an option to turn off the mouse control, so that moving the mouse by accident doesn't display the cursor? And more importantly, so that the icons for the inventory don't appear on the screen if we're not going to use them anyway.

I like the art on those achievements! Is there anywhere I can see all of the art plus the names and descriptions (plus any other trophies etc for other platforms - I lose track)? I don't care about collecting them myself but it's interesting to see them.