Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

Letterbox Variations

I have no idea whether there's scope for it, but one small touch that would be nice to get into Grim would be variations on the letterboxing image for each chapter. This could help reinforce the passage of time and maybe play a little on the dominant setting of each chapter.

Edit: It turns out that the game already does this and I'd gotten the wrong impressions. Awesome stuff ^_^

I have no idea whether there's scope for it, but one small touch that would be nice to get into Grim would be variations on the letterboxing image for each chapter. This could help reinforce the passage of time and maybe play a little on the dominant setting of each chapter.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I believe the game already changes the letterboxing image for every year. Personally I think that's enough, as it is just letterboxing and not part of the narrative, after all.

For me the passage of time was always in relation to this huge mural right above the saving boxes that begins to gain some light as the game progresses.

Yhea, i also like that very much in the original!

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I believe the game already changes the letterboxing image for every year. Personally I think that's enough, as it is just letterboxing and not part of the narrative, after all.

Ah, you're right! I guess I was going off some older screenshots or something (I hadn't gotten to Rubacava myself yet).

Totally ignore this thread then :D

Sign in to follow this