Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  

I'm sorry info cow, please don't eat me and force me to be digested through your multiple stomachs.

I find it weird that you skip from the singular to five sexy robots. There's no middle point, not even 2.5 sexy robots.

...or is there something in between, and I'm just stupid and missed it?

Your Tiffuts is evolving! Press B to cancel!

Congradualtions! Your Tiffuts just evolved into Five Sexy Robots! *Poke'mon victory music*

I always found that retarded, like, why would they let you cancel. Why the hell would I want a Level 100 Squirtle?

I want a level 100 magikarp, so people will think, "Oh ho! This shall be easy!" but I will kill them with HYPER BEAM. Not to mention, it's name would be Satan.

God I hated Magikarp. Now I have an urge to go get a gameboy emulator and play pokemans.

A couple things.

1. Hyper beam sucks, since it takes two turns. There are better things you can have Magikarp/Gyarados learn.

2. I preferred Gold/silver, myself.

That one where you had Pikachu was decent. What was it? Yellow edition or something?

I got mad at pokemon cause every time you found a Chancey at that game reserve, it could have 1 hp left and you could throw a f*ckin master ball and you still couldn't catch it.

*BURSTS INTO THE POKéMON RELATED CONVERSATION being she's an addict as well as a Mew herself wtf*

Personally, I love all the games wtf o3o I just kept loving it the more I played all the different games~ *addicted to D/P what the nuts*

And Darth ((lawl, you have the same name as my SA2:B Chao wtf)), if you're talking about the Fuchsia City Safari game, I don't think you could damage Pokémon there. The most ANNOYING part of those Safari areas are the fact that Pokémon flee when you don't want them to xDD SUCKS IF YOU FIND A SHINY YEPYEP xDD

.. Also, it'd be nigh impossible to get a Chansey to 1 hp. they're one of the top Pokémon with the highest HP ((base 250, max 704HP)), with it's evolved for, Blissey, being the highest of all ((base 255, max 714))

... *NERD*

Yeah that wasn't the big fad. It was Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh while I was in elementary school, possibly another gay trading card game I don't remember in between. Digimon was never popular, except for that TV show.

I remember when guys would get in trouble for trading Pokemon cards on the playground in elementary. I also remember out Burger King having "Trading Tuesdays" where before the 1st movie opened, you could go to BK, bring all your cards, and trade with other people. I got my first Butterfree at that BK....

I missed the whole card dueling stuff. I left off around the TMNT and Batman the Animated Series stuff which was just before the Power Rangers and Pokemon stuff gained popularity. My younger cousins seemed to have got into that sort of thing and were talking in poke-language at family gatherings like Thanksgiving and Christmas with other younger cousings who understood it all. The only thing that could be said about it all was said by my uncle one Christmas a long time ago: "Hey, at least they aren't selling smack to hookers and found something to occupy themselves with!" With that said, everyone casually moved onto other topics and avoided talking to him since he was obviously drunk off the eggnog. I was probably the only one who laughed with him for saying it, while I was looked at in a disiplinary manner by my parents to not encourage him on saying any more than what he already had.

I still don't understand it all, but I know that my kids will end up liking something cool and trendy like Pokemon and that's alright with me. I had basketball cards, comics, garbage pail kids cards, and pogs so I wasn't exactly free of wanting merchandise that was sold to make revenue off kids, teenagers, and people who collect things for the sake of collecting/trading things. In the gaming era, it is not suprising that Pokemon has been able to survive beyond the paper-card merchandise and thrives on the likes of Nintendo software for the DS. I'm sure if I had been younger and got into it, I would understand it and it would still be fun to play.. but I never did, so I have no interest in it.

Card dueling, lol...nobody actually did much with those pokemon cards when they were popular, not around here anyway. Mostly just hoarding them and trying to get rare cards so you could assert your superiority over others, but we were all pretty much too dumb to figure out how to play the actual game.

OMG Garbage Pail Kids my cousin has some of those and they scared the crap out of me. They looked like hobo mutant ghettp Cabbage Patch Kids.

Am I the only one who remembers Crazy Bones? Like the dumb little mutant figurines? It was never a fad, but I still loved them.

Card dueling, lol...nobody actually did much with those pokemon cards when they were popular, not around here anyway. Mostly just hoarding them and trying to get rare cards so you could assert your superiority over others, but we were all pretty much too dumb to figure out how to play the actual game.

I think I played the game once. I remember this one toy store had like a meet and play type deal. I actually had a couple good decks.

My prized card was a Blastoise, and everybody wanted to steal it off me. Ahh, good times.

Am I the only one who remembers Crazy Bones? Like the dumb little mutant figurines? It was never a fad, but I still loved them.
Anybody remember M.U.S.C.L.E. Men or Mad Balls?

I remember something similair to the Muscle thing, with little platstic PVC guys that you could trade and fight. The name escapes me though.

Anyone remember POGs? I got into those very briefly. "Remember ALF? He's back, in Pog form."

I was in middle school when Pokemon hit. I had Nintendo power at the time and read the comics and everything leading up to it. And the TV show. It had me good. I was upset at the time because some kids at my school had the Gameshark thingee so they had like insnaely powered Pokemon and Mew and Missingo and all this junk I didn't have.

Sign in to follow this