Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kaltoro

Visual Upgrades to Cadence

In the last teamstream, Brad showed off some new visual additions to the advanced cadence models. I noticed there were some difficulties with the Bulwark, as added spikes introduced some visual difficulty to the model.

Why not beef up the "feet" in the model? The new cradle has different feet, it could work for the Bulwark if the additions are big enough.

Everything else looked great from what I could see. I've played through the game a number of times, and each patch makes it even more enjoyable.

In the last teamstream, Brad showed off some new visual additions to the advanced cadence models. I noticed there were some difficulties with the Bulwark, as added spikes introduced some visual difficulty to the model.

Why not beef up the "feet" in the model? The new cradle has different feet, it could work for the Bulwark if the additions are big enough.

Everything else looked great from what I could see. I've played through the game a number of times, and each patch makes it even more enjoyable.

I think they were beefing up the shoulder area, mostly because of the player's point of view from the top-ish down angle. But hopefully we'll get to look at things soon when they go in-game.

Smiles

I agree that change the size could involve problems, but some visual change would have been quite better. At least psychologically it will create the feeling of more diversity.

It might require extra animation work (and they may have talked about it on stream - having trouble loading it) but I'd suggest extending the "barrel" that they shoot their projectile out of, and either augmenting the foot structure or adding a few extra legs. The goal being to make it look like it's really gripping/bracing against the ground to unleash a huge blast. Think of it as upgrading from a rifle to a cannon.

Sign in to follow this