• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Conel3

Duplicate Smoochies card glitch?

So there's a problem going around that a fair few people have encountered (including myself) where it may be impossible to finish the Smoochies card quest. I've defeated every enemy in the game and have spent a few hours after completing the game killing the infinitely spawning enemies in the dental area, but still don't have a second Smoochies card. I just wanted to know whether Double Fine were aware of this and whether it's something that will ever get sorted out as it's stopping me from obtaining my last 3 achievements in the game. I'm playing the Xbox one version of the game if that helps.

Hi, Conel3. This is the first we've seen about this and we haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Do you have any other details?

I've heard that you're supposed to get one from the mole in the dental area and the other from the second boss fight with Kronoculus is that correct? I'm not sure which one didn't give me the card as I wasn't looking for it at the time, but I did defeat the mole by using the Rice Creepies card making him kill himself when he attacked me, so maybe that triggered him not to give me the reward for defeating him?

Looking at the code, the mole should give you one, and there's a chance to get one from Kronoculus or Crestwailers. The concern is I think it's the warehouse Crestwailers and they don't respawn? If that's true then it would mean fighting Kronoculus or Crestwailers until they drop the card before they go away.

I've already defeated Kronoculus and all of the warehouse Crestwailers, and unfortunately they do not respawn. Does that mean that there is now no longer a way for me to finish the quest without starting again and hoping that they drop one next time?

Thanks a lot for the help Bert :). Having a quest that's just 50/50 as to whether you can complete it or not doesn't seem intentional, what are the chances of this being patched in the future? It's a pretty big deal for completionists and I've already seen people say they were going to buy CQ2 but didn't because of this, which is a shame because it's such a fun game.

I don't think it was intentional either. There's always a chance of a patch but it's low considering the achievement is still attainable and the challenge of updating on consoles. If you're trying to finish the quest, I would try reloading the game after fighting the warehouse Crestwailers if they don't drop the card.