Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Wrapping Up the Double Fine Adventure (Requests?)

I'd really like a copy of the documentary on vhx

I find it fairly difficult to watch at the moment and would like to have an easier way to.

I find it fairly difficult to watch at the moment and would like to have an easier way to.

It is up on VHX, all backers were sent codes some time ago. Did you not get one?

Unless I missed it, which I don't think I did... Greg Rice's Sidequest.
That's our musical episode.

It is up on VHX, all backers were sent codes some time ago. Did you not get one?

I'm not sure I got a code either. I was able to download the episodes on Humble Bundle though.

I'm not sure I got a code either. I was able to download the episodes on Humble Bundle though.

We're going to have to look in to the codes issue :( you can email me for one now though paullevering@doublefine.com

I'm most interested in discussions about the puzzles and plot that had to be cut because of spoilers.
I'll second that. I'd absolutely love to see the nitty gritty of meetings where the team tackle design problems and discuss different possible solutions, without any concern for avoiding spoilers. I love this documentary so much, and I'm so grateful that it was made and that I've been able to come along for the ride, but I've always felt that it would be a shame if the documentary never dived very deep into that kind of territory because of its focus as pre-release content for the game. It's a great doco in its own right and will be viewed many years after the release of the game.

Not sure but I don't remember anything about a VHX code and a quick search in my Gmail box didn't find any result.

[Edit]

Nevermind, I found the info in the other topic: the code is on the Humble account page.

I'm most interested in discussions about the puzzles and plot that had to be cut because of spoilers.
I'll second that. I'd absolutely love to see the nitty gritty of meetings where the team tackle design problems and discuss different possible solutions, without any concern for avoiding spoilers. I love this documentary so much, and I'm so grateful that it was made and that I've been able to come along for the ride, but I've always felt that it would be a shame if the documentary never dived very deep into that kind of territory because of its focus as pre-release content for the game. It's a great doco in its own right and will be viewed many years after the release of the game.

Yes, all of this. I think this has been something 2PP has wanted to do for a while, but I'd love to see a puzzle getting discussed from conception and iteration through to finished, if such a thing were possible to cut together.

After watching the trouble they went through in trying to recover what they could from Grim Fandango (missing all the ILM SGI assets for backgrounds), do you have a longer term archive plan in place? Does all the footage get destroyed when the project is done and overwritten or are you saving it for the future?

Was there/will there be an episode about 2PP as well?

I was hoping to have a "clean" playthrough on the Blu-ray as well (with "clean" meaning that the game is played relatively straightforward, without much trial an error), alongside a commentary by the team (and possibly some voice actors?). I guess this is out of question, since it would rival the running time of the documentaries alone. But a commentary for the docs is highly welcome.

We're thinking about that too, might have to be digital only though. Hard to justify the production cost of what would likely be an entires discs worth of material.

So I have a great example for this. When Telltale Games produced the collector's DVDs for the first two Sam & Max games (And a few others as well, before they cheaped-out and started outsourcing DVD-Rs with solely the games' installers), the discs had a DVD Video portion that contained, as one of the features, supercuts of all the cutscenes in each episode. Each supercut would be available with the normal audio as well as one or more commentary tracks from different groups of people.

Having a cutscene supercut with commentary like that, rather than a full playthrough, would be much more space-friendly, I think.

If you have any more interview material with Lydia Choy I'd love to see that.

I always thought she should have her own side quest.

I know it's a bit late to request new content but I'd like to see a round-table discussion with some of the principle people from the team discussing the successes and setbacks that occurred during development. I'd want it to be similar in nature to the

that Ron and Tim had before production about how to make an adventure game but instead focus on what is was like to make an adventure game, examine what worked and what didn't, and knowing what they know now what they would do differently.

I imagine that a lot of this information will eventually come out interviews and post-mortems. However, I believe that there is something special about long-form discussions that can't be quite be captured when the conversation is spun for the press or massaged into a presentation.

The type discussion that I'm suggesting may be better suited as a YouTube release because I think it would only be able to happen after the game has shipped and enough time has passed for the people involved to decompress and gain some perspective.

I know it's a bit late to request new content but I'd like to see a round-table discussion with some of the principle people from the team discussing the successes and setbacks that occurred during development. I'd want it to be similar in nature to the
that Ron and Tim had before production about how to make an adventure game but instead focus on what is was like to make an adventure game, examine what worked and what didn't, and knowing what they know now what they would do differently.

I imagine that a lot of this information will eventually come out interviews and post-mortems. However, I believe that there is something special about long-form discussions that can't be quite be captured when the conversation is spun for the press or massaged into a presentation.

The type discussion that I'm suggesting may be better suited as a YouTube release because I think it would only be able to happen after the game has shipped and enough time has passed for the people involved to decompress and gain some perspective.

I imagine that the final episode will have something at least a little bit like that, because it'll be capping things off and likely they'll want to reflect on the project as a whole. So there's still time!

If you have any more interview material with Lydia Choy I'd love to see that.

I always thought she should have her own side quest.

That would have been great, as it feels like we didn't get to see as much of her as most of the other team members. It's probably too late for that now though, since she left Double Fine to work at Oculus (I think).

Deleted / Extra scenes would be my top request - and any outakes / humorous stuff not seen so far...

Sign in to follow this