Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

DFA Youtube Version and Backer Version Explained

Backers should have gotten VHX codes a couple of updates back. We can set you up if you're missing one. mail paullevering@doublefine.com

What's the situation for Slacker Backers and original backers at the $15 tier? I don't think any of us got codes (since it wasn't part of the original reward). I believe this actually affects the majority of all backers, since almost 50,000 backers pledged at the lowest level.

I'm pretty sure we decided to just give all the backers codes. I wasn't involved in how they got sent out so we're going to have a meeting about that today. GDC is making everything really hectic.

Hi was wondering what happened with this? I backed at the $15 dollar level so i dont think i previously got a code or anything.

Backers should have gotten VHX codes a couple of updates back. We can set you up if you're missing one. mail paullevering@doublefine.com

What's the situation for Slacker Backers and original backers at the $15 tier? I don't think any of us got codes (since it wasn't part of the original reward). I believe this actually affects the majority of all backers, since almost 50,000 backers pledged at the lowest level.

I'm pretty sure we decided to just give all the backers codes. I wasn't involved in how they got sent out so we're going to have a meeting about that today. GDC is making everything really hectic.

Hi was wondering what happened with this? I backed at the $15 dollar level so i dont think i previously got a code or anything.

So when act 1 was sent out to backers early you should have received an email via humble bundle -

Howdy Backer,

Thanks again for backing Broken Age! You can now access Act 1 on Steam by using the following link:

Your Humble URL: *Unique URL*

Please note that the DRM-free builds as well as Act 2 will be made available on your download page upon completion.

Please save this email so you can access Broken Age again whenever you'd like in the future. We will keep your copy

online at the above URL for the foreseeable future. In efforts to save bandwidth, we appreciate you making local

backups.

If you have any problems, please go to support.humblebundle.com and we will get it sorted out ASAP.

Thanks again!

Humble Bundle & Double Fine

If you were issued a VHX code, it'll appear on the Broken Age download page with a clickable link "Click here for your VHX key".

So the email didn't mention VHX at all? That explains why I wasn't able to find it. I do have the code on my Humble Bundle page though.

What's the level for getting a code? $30 and above?

must be. I didnt get any VHX code at the $15 level?

Me either. Not on my humble page.

Me either. Not on my humble page.

Nothing on my page either.

$30 and above sounds likely, since that's the tier that originally came with HD downloads of the documentary series. Are everyone who posted here about not having received VHX codes $15 backers?

$30 Slackerbacker, so in the same group when it comes to the Humble Bundle page as the $15 Kickstarter backers.

Codes for the documentary downloads went out to original Backers at the $30 tier and above. Codes weren't sent out to Slacker or $15 tier backers. If you are in a tier that should have received codes, they can be found on your humble bundle page for Broken Age.

Hi, any news on the Blu-ray edition of the documentary for the $100 backers? I guess since that it's going to be in the box with the game it depends on when the game is shipped? I am really enjoying all of your documentaries (AF, Adventure, Devs Play). I'd buy a Blu-ray of Devs Play if you ever decide to make it. Thanks!

Hi, any news on the Blu-ray edition of the documentary for the $100 backers? I guess since that it's going to be in the box with the game it depends on when the game is shipped? I am really enjoying all of your documentaries (AF, Adventure, Devs Play). I'd buy a Blu-ray of Devs Play if you ever decide to make it. Thanks!

The BluRays will come within the box, so the entire box is delaied till the post launch episode is don.

As a $30 slacker-backer, purchaser of the iPad version and long-time fan of the documentary, being left in the dust with regards to the documentary feels like Double Fine/2PP turned their back on me... What gives?... I purchased the slacker-backer package (at a slight premium mind you) with the promise of documentary access/perks of a regular backer... Could you make an exception and hook me up with a code?

Have you considered selling the Show to Netflix or Hulu? Or a TV Station? Some place were it could get major atention and cause the game to be sold a ton?

For whatever reason, Humble Bundle says I don't have an account there even though I have bought games from them in the past.

What can I do about getting the download code for the Doc? I never received the code via email, so now it feels like I've been screwed out of one of my rewards because of some glitches.

For whatever reason, Humble Bundle says I don't have an account there even though I have bought games from them in the past.

What can I do about getting the download code for the Doc? I never received the code via email, so now it feels like I've been screwed out of one of my rewards because of some glitches.

Try creating an account with the same email, everything might show up under unclaimed purchases. (One of my Massive Chalice pages was listed there)

I got in as a "Slacker Backer" through the Humble Double Fine Bundle and I've gotten the Double Fine Adventure documentary in my humble bundle page and a VHX key, as well as access to this forum, and steam/ouya keys

So have I, but I never created an account. You can buy stuff there without one.

Mails were sent out on the 14:th of January 2014 (subject: Broken Age, Act 1) containing Humble URLs that can be accessed without an account (but which are still personalized per backer). If you can find this mail you should be able to get to a page containing all your BA stuff.

So have I, but I never created an account. You can buy stuff there without one.

Mails were sent out on the 14:th of January 2014 (subject: Broken Age, Act 1) containing Humble URLs that can be accessed without an account (but which are still personalized per backer). If you can find this mail you should be able to get to a page containing all your BA stuff.

There also should be a key resender, which will send all pages that the email was used for (and allow them to be combined into the account for non-account purchases if you have one once recovered).

Spoiler blurs removed. New additional scenes / bonus footage.

Now, I was looking at Episode 4 (walking around in our drawings) -- and there are still blurs there (see Tim looking at the board after Bagel & Peter Chan leave at the end). Similarly, Tim's notebooks in the second episode are blurred out as well. Are those permanently in?

Thanks for all your work. The documentary has been an immense aspect of this project and most certainly altered how I view everything related to Broken Age -- the split into parts 1 and 2, the need for additional funds, and the work going into the game. AFAICT, Broken Age is a fairly apt title for the team's struggles of bringing back the old school sincerity into a very different age indeed. And I can't believe that anyone is crazy enough to deliver this much content for $30.

Sincerely -- thanks.

I got in as a "Slacker Backer" through the Humble Double Fine Bundle and I've gotten the Double Fine Adventure documentary in my humble bundle page and a VHX key, as well as access to this forum, and steam/ouya keys

So I'm confused - if you got in as a Slacker Backer through the Humble Double Fine Bundle (at $35 with a bunch of other awesome Double Fine games) you get all the lovely documentary download stuff? But if you got in as Slacker Backer shortly after the Kickstarter closed (for $30) like I did, you don't? Just want to be clear before I go spend an extra $10 on the downloads.

Up till now I've been using weird apps to download the documentary off Vimeo to watch on my telly from the comfort of my sofa, but the series has been an amazing ride and I'd like a proper 1080p version!

So I'm confused - if you got in as a Slacker Backer through the Humble Double Fine Bundle (at $35 with a bunch of other awesome Double Fine games) you get all the lovely documentary download stuff? But if you got in as Slacker Backer shortly after the Kickstarter closed (for $30) like I did, you don't? Just want to be clear before I go spend an extra $10 on the downloads.

Up till now I've been using weird apps to download the documentary off Vimeo to watch on my telly from the comfort of my sofa, but the series has been an amazing ride and I'd like a proper 1080p version!

If you check the first post in this thread, right at the top, it says that all backers of the $30 tier or higher, including slacker backers, get the HD documentary. Check your Humble page or email.

If you check the first post in this thread, right at the top, it says that all backers of the $30 tier or higher, including slacker backers, get the HD documentary. Check your Humble page or email.
Thanks nmalinoski. I just looked back to that post and it says "Codes for the documentary downloads went out to original Backers at the $30 tier and above. Codes weren’t sent out to Slacker or $15 tier backers. If you are in a tier that should have received codes, they can be found on your humble bundle page for Broken Age." There's another post a page or so back saying that codes went out to slackers too, but I think it must've been a mistake. I guess you had to be an original Kickstarter $30+ backer or a Double Fine Humble Bundle backer. My Slacker backing shows up in Humble as "Broken Age Kickstarter ($15 Tier) -or- Slacker Backer ($30 Tier)", so I guess that explains it!

So I have noticed that the VHX release of the doco has a significant size difference compared to the humblebundle links for example EP17 is a 4.31GB mov on the humblebundle webpage while the VHX version of EP17 is only 1.42GB I am wondering if there is a reason for this?better compression maybe? but any reasons for why VHX seems to be receiving a lesser quality file would be greatly appreciated

So I have noticed that the VHX release of the doco has a significant size difference compared to the humblebundle links for example EP17 is a 4.31GB mov on the humblebundle webpage while the VHX version of EP17 is only 1.42GB I am wondering if there is a reason for this?better compression maybe? but any reasons for why VHX seems to be receiving a lesser quality file would be greatly appreciated

I brought this up (In a different thread? Can't be bothered to go find it). I believe the difference is that when files are uploaded to Humble, they are just as they are, but when you upload video files to VHX, VHX does its own compression.

Sign in to follow this