Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

DFA Youtube Version and Backer Version Explained

Ah yes I remember it was this thread http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/16604/ but yeah I would really like to get my hands on the highest quality files I can, size isn't a concern, I suppose I am a bit of a quality whore..

So I have noticed that the VHX release of the doco has a significant size difference compared to the humblebundle links for example EP17 is a 4.31GB mov on the humblebundle webpage while the VHX version of EP17 is only 1.42GB I am wondering if there is a reason for this?better compression maybe? but any reasons for why VHX seems to be receiving a lesser quality file would be greatly appreciated

I brought this up (In a different thread? Can't be bothered to go find it). I believe the difference is that when files are uploaded to Humble, they are just as they are, but when you upload video files to VHX, VHX does its own compression.

People have suggested we do a feature cut, and we’re thinking about that too. If we do, we’ll give it to you for free.
Well... guess you have to do it anyway ;-)

"$100: Special edition box containing both the game disc and a DVD or Blu-Ray of the documentary"

I would be fine with 5 or more blu-ray discs with all the single episodes but I guess that won't happen ;-)

Looking forward to both the box and the docu on blu-ray!!

So if I backed originally at the $15 tier, and wanted to get the VHX download now, is there a discount for existing backers, or just grab it at $25 from the site?

As an extra/bonus footage would it be possible to release Tim's unedited pitch to the team that was (all too) briefly seen in Episode 3? I would LOVE to see that.

As an extra/bonus footage would it be possible to release Tim's unedited pitch to the team that was (all too) briefly seen in Episode 3? I would LOVE to see that.
This! I assume it was cut down because of spoilers but seeing the whole thing would be amazing.

Sign in to follow this