Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lolholm

Soo, about that Loom sequel?

Must be a kick in the teeth for developers such as King Art and Revolution Software to not be at least considered for the list...

Well, to be fair, has Revolution earnt that trust recently? I bought Broken Sword 3 and 4 day one, and I backed Broken Sword 5 on kickstarter, and I still say no.

Truthfully, I haven't played the more recent Revolution games. I still say that Beneath a Steel Sky is just as good as any game LucasArts and Sierra ever made. But I haven't played their latest ones.

And given the quality of some of Telltale's old LucasArts game continuations, I'm not sure I'd trust them. They seem to be better at doing non-LucasArts style games.

Hm, Wadjet Eye would be an unlikely choice considering they need Disney's approval first. And while I love Loom, the thought of a sequel puts fear into my heart. If it goes well, sure, that would be loooovely, but when was the last time Moriarty worked on a game? The Dig? The comeback of an old legend that stayed out of touch over many years rarely, if ever, goes well.

Ah, didn't think about that then. :)

I think the team behind Broken Age, and the engine + tools they have developed would be an awesome fit for another Loom game. Hope it happens. :)

Hm, Wadjet Eye would be an unlikely choice considering they need Disney's approval first. And while I love Loom, the thought of a sequel puts fear into my heart. If it goes well, sure, that would be loooovely, but when was the last time Moriarty worked on a game? The Dig? The comeback of an old legend that stayed out of touch over many years rarely, if ever, goes well.
Brian Moriarty is a creative advisor at Reactive Studios and has worked on Codename: Cygnus in that role. He and Dave Grossman are now both working with Reactive in advisory positions (Dave Grossman is their Chief Creative Officer). Reactive's games are like episodic audio text adventures, so the format fits them both well, and the games have gotten a lot more adventurey (and more fun) since they've gotten on-board.

Not sure why Telltale would be a good fit for this at all since they don't make games with puzzles in them anymore.

Sign in to follow this