Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eliot

Source code?

It was announced that the source code for Hack N' Slash would be released with 1.0, but I've been scouring the internet and I can't find a link to it anywhere! I own the game on Steam if that's a prerequisite. Does anyone know how I can get the code, or has it not been released yet? Thanks!

The source code is in the game - just check the game files. While opened to owners, the source has not been made available to the general public, probably to place at least some level of hassle for people who might otherwise be pirating it.

Ah I see! When I looked in the game files all I saw was a bunch of compiled lua, but I'm seeing some lua source in there now under Data/Scripts. I was kind of hoping when they said source they meant their C++/MOAI stuff as well, but this is cool to see... So if I edit these lua files will they be used by the game next time it runs?

So ... some questions:

1. Is there a way to turn the normal room code (which looks like compiled bytecode or something) back into Lua source,

2. Is there a way to access the visible source code in Data/Scripts in-game when it is normally only showing you stuff from Data/Content/Game (given that you can hack access to Data/Content/Secret, I suspect the answer is as simple as knowing how),

3. Will the in-game lua editing work on the source code files, or does it only work on the bytecode files?

... Some interesting stuff in there now that I'm actually willing to look. The unit tests shipped with the game? That's nice ...

Sign in to follow this